Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Still in process.........in so many ways!

Here is a picture of our house, while it was under construction, around Christmas in 1977.   I am happy to say that, as of tonight, all of those windows and that old door are now gone.  Replaced with much more energy efficient models that will actually open and close!  Imagine that!  Since we started this rather large project (windows, doors, siding) we have not had great weather.  Today our contractor and worker spent the day on ladders, in the rain.  And the temperatures were falling through out the day.  By the time they left at 3:00pm, I could tell that they were cold and wet.  But they are trying to push through and finish this job.  There is still more work to be done.   I am so anxious to have this all done.....so that we can move on to the next project!  Yes, the house is truly a work in process.

So today in my small group I shared these verses that had showed up on my Facebook wall this morning.  They spoke to me so clearly today.

Ephesians 1:17-20 (TPT) personalized
17 - I pray continually that the Father of Glory, the God of my Lord Jesus, the Messiah, would unveil in me the riches of the Spirit of wi
sdom and the Spirit of revelation through the fullness of being one with Jesus.
18 - I pray that the light of God will brighten the eyes of my innermost being, flooding me with light, until I experience the full revelation of my great hope of glory. I know that is the reason He called me to Himself, and I pray that I explore and experience for myself all the riches of this wealth that has been freely given to me, for I am His true inheritance!
19 - My prayer is that every moment I will experience the measureless power of God made available to me through faith. Then my life will be an advertisement of this immense power as it works through me!
20 - This is the resurrection power that was released though Jesus when God raised Him from the dead. This resurrection power raised me up and seated me with Him at His place of supreme authority in the heavenly realm!



Ephesians 3:14-19 (TPT) personalized
14 - When I think of the wisdom of His plan I kneel humbly in awe before the Father of my Lord Jesus, the Messiah,
15 - the perfect Father of every father and child in heaven and on the earth.
16 - And I pray that He would pour out over me the unlimited riches of His glory and favor until supernatural strength floods my innermost being with His divine might and explosive power.
17 – Then, by constantly using my faith, the life of Jesus will be released deep inside me, and the resting place of His love will become the very source and root of my life, providing me with a secure foundation that grows and grows.
18, 19 - Then, as my spiritual strength increases, I will be empowered to discover what every holy one experiences – the great magnitude of the astonishing love of Jesus, the Messiah in all its dimensions. How deeply intimate and far-reaching is His love! How enduring and inclusive it is! Endless love beyond measurement, beyond academic knowledge – this extravagant love pours into me until I am filled to overflowing with the fullness of God!


While I am in this process of growing closer to Jesus, I need to be about the business of telling myself exactly who I am and what I have because of Jesus.  And more than that, I love from Ephesians 1 verse 19, that I am an ADVERTISEMENT of the power that is working through me.  Think about that!  How many different commercials can you recall without thinking to much about it?  I am sure it is lots and lots.  I want to be an unforgettable advertisement of all that Jesus can and will do for the world.  I think I am going to make this my new goal and daily prayer.  I want to experience the power and then show it off to the world!  And, interestingly enough, as I typed that last sentence, I make an error and wrote "sow".  Maybe that wasn't an error!  Thinking back to a blog a couple of days ago, this is a season to sow and see that multiplied greatly.  So, yes, I will be praying that I will SOW that power of Jesus into the world even as I SHOW that power to the world.

I am so loving these posts from the Passion Translation Bible.   I strongly encourage you to seek out their Facebook page and also get your hands on these amazing books.  They are even available at Walmart and Sams (at least some of the stores.  I tried to find them in my Walmart and they did not have them or any record that they were getting them).  You will be blessed!

Jesus, thank you for leading me deeper into relationship with you.   Thank you for my small group and the strength and power we have as we join together to worship you and share our burdens and blessings.  Thank you again, for Brian Simmons and The Passion Translation Bible.  Holy Spirit, bring encouragement to us all that we are making a difference in the world as the power of Jesus shows through us.  Thank you for completing all of the work in process.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment