Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A little bird with a big voice.....

Tonight I had one of those amazing, Grandma moments.  I got to see Lia perform in her first musical.  It was a children's production of "Annie".  Now this is interesting for a couple of reasons.  When Gwen was young she just about drove us crazy by watching the video of the Annie, over and over.  As a matter of fact, not so long ago, Ken and I decided to use the "parent's curse" and gave Lia a DVD of this same movie.  And Lia loved it almost as much as Gwen did.  So, when she said she was going to audition for this musical, I wasn't really surprised.  However, she is only in second grade and 7 years old.  A lot of the kids who auditioned had already been in previous musicals put on by this Theatre Club.  Lia was given a speaking and solo singing part as a "lead orphan".  Quite a big deal for her.   She learned all of her lines, went to all the practices, and did a fantastic job tonight. 
Oh how she loves to sing and dance.  And she loves the stage. 

I couldn't help but think about her name frame.  
Lia is that little bird with a big voice.   I am sure that there will be many times in the future when I will see Lia walking out this prophetic word.  I can't wait to see exactly how that happens, but I know it will.  I wrote recently about her strong faith.  An important part of Lia's word was that she was going to be a voice to her generation.  She would reach her peers and lead them to the truth of Jesus.   As we were leaving tonight after the production, over and over kids were calling out to Lia with congratulations and "see you tomorrow".  She is a well liked little girl. I am quite sure that there will be many, many times when I will see and hear Lia, on the stage fulfilling her destiny. 

I was thinking about the "Seven Mountains" that Lance Wallnau speaks about.  The  7 Mountains Mandate, in which Christians seeks to gain influence over the "mountains" of government, church, education, family, media, arts, and business.  Sometimes it is difficult to see that our destiny from Jesus might take us away from the church, and land us directly in the arts.  I love that I was reminded today that might be the case for my Lia.   No matter which mountain she ends up on, she WILL be that big voice that speaks the truth, and changes people. 

Jesus, thank you for Lia and all of those kids in her production.  Bless all the workers who guide these children.  Give them grace and patience.   Jesus thank you for reminding me that you are with us in all things, wherever you lead us, no matter what the mountain we land on.  Holy Spirit, speak clearly to us so that we can see your destiny for ourselves and our families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment