Saturday, April 26, 2014

Another part of my story.... Eternal Prayers!

 Johann Conrad Tonsing (1801-1869) and Anna Clara Welcher (1806-1876)
(My great-great grandparents)
 
Clara Marie (Weingartner) Toensing (1838-1889)  and Ernst Fredrich Toensing (1834-1912)
(my great grandparents)
 
Last night, one of the artists actually asked me to talk about something I had mentioned in passing in my talk.  It was about my great grandparents and my great-great grandparents.  I shared that one of the first times I really realized how connected I was to my ancestors was when I stepped off the airplane in Kenya, Africa.  The Lord brought me revelation that my Africa trip was a fulfillment of years and years of prayers that were prayed by my great grandparents and my great-great grandparents and it helped me to understand the plan and destiny that Jesus had for me!  Somewhere in the late 1860's, in Germany, my ancestors were preparing to bring Jesus into all the world.  Johann and Anna were sending two sons, with their wives and children, to the United States.  They were also sending one daughter and her husband to Africa, into the unknown.  Ernst, (my great grandfather) and his brother were their two sons.  My great grandfather, Ernst and his wife Clara had been married for about 8 years and they had 4 children (an infant, 3, 5 and 6 year old).  They traveled from Germany by boat and unfortunately, their infant died at some point during the trip.  My mom always talked about how tragic this must have been for her grandmother.   After settling in St. Paul, Minnesota, my great grandparents went on to have five more children including my grandfather, Henry Arnold Toensing.   Although my mom never knew Clara and Ernst, she was told often that they had prayed for their cousins in Africa.  And she was told that they also prayed that someone in their family would go to Africa - not just to VISIT those cousins, but to share Jesus.   For me, that "AH HA" moment was the understanding that PRAYERS ARE ETERNAL! What we pray about may not find fulfillment until long after our earthly life is over, but OUR PRAYERS EFFECT THE SPIRITUAL ATMOSPHERE  AND THOSE THAT COME AFTER US! 
 
I am so grateful that Johann and Anna knew, at some level, that their family - their future family, had a destiny to share Jesus in Africa.  And I am grateful that they were brave and courageous and sent their children all over the world.  Johann died in Germany.  Anna came to the United States and died on her grandson's farm near Atwater, Minnesota.  She is buried (as is  my great grandfather Ernst) in the church graveyard near Atwater.  Clara died in St. Paul and is buried in our family plot
 
So, after that really long and drawn out story (and thanks for staying with me), THAT is why those name frames for Lia, Ellie, Zeke and Anna are so important.  Because those words will not be lost or forgotten.  They will be prayed and talked about as the kids grow up.  I have been praying those words and I will continue to pray them - making the declaration into the Spiritual realms that are eternal.  I am convinced that one day.... who knows how long from now..... there will be a deeper understanding of the Prophet, Warrior, Priest and King expressed in those frames.  
 
Today, I encourage all of you to pray and seek understanding, not only of the present, but of the past.  You will be blessed as you begin to see a clearer picture of the destiny that Jesus has for your family.   Ask for revelation of the destiny for your future generations.   Pray and declare all that you receive.  It will effect those that come after you! 
 
Jesus, thank you for the faith and trust my ancestors had in you and the Gospel message.   Holy Spirit, thank you for the revelations that you have given me.  Help all of us to take in this message and meditate on all that you bring to us.   Thank you for reminding us that prayers DO change things!    Amen
 
PS -  Just a little added note.... when looking at these old pictures and confirming dates, I noticed that there are 66 Anna's on my Toensing family tree!  Yep, Anna is a family name for sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment