Sunday, April 13, 2014

Passover Celebration with friends....

Tonight I had the great honor of attending a Passover Seder.  It was a simply wonderful time.  I love seeing this important celebration from a Christian perspective.   I was thinking of those pictures that are "optical illusions" when there are really two very different pictures, and once you see one, you can't NOT see it.  Like this.....
This Passover celebration is like those pictures!  Once you see Jesus and how much he is represented in this Seder, it's hard to NOT see Him.   And when you add the New Testament celebration of Communion into the picture, it is simply amazing.   All through out the meal I was remembering my dream of a few weeks ago and the revelation I had last Sunday night.   I was imagining all of those chosen people of God, sitting down at tables all over the earth, saying the same words.   I am praying that the veils will be removed from their eyes and they would see their Messiah.   At the end of the meal, my friends and I were just talking and laughing and singing some spontaneous praise songs.  And I felt led to share the dream and the words I had from last Sunday.   My friend leading the Seder had a thoughtful look on his face.  And then he said, "well that sounds a lot like Isaiah 25:6-9.  
 
On the mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine- the best of meats and the finest of wines.  On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all people, the sheet that covers all nations.  He will swallow up death forever.  The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces.  He will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth.   The Lord has spoken.   In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us.  This is the Lord, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."
 
Isn't that amazing?   It does sound a bit like my dream.  And from that verse, we prayed for all those people celebrating Seders around the world.  It was an awesome way to end this celebration.   You know, I almost didn't go to this dinner.   But late yesterday I knew that I needed to be there.   I am so thankful for that prompting of the Holy Spirit that nudged me to exactly where I needed to be today.  
 
This will be a wonderful Holy Week and Easter.  Even though there is SNOW in the forecast for tomorrow and tomorrow night! (Can you believe it???)  Jesus,  I am so thankful for the path that you have me on during this season.   Thank you, for Spring and new life and resurrection power.  Thank you for friends and for ancient celebrations that connect us to past generations and  help us look to the future.   Holy Spirit, bring that Passover miracle!  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment