Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Problems that turn into blessings!

Yesterday I was reminded, once again, that sometimes a problem might actually be a blessing in disguise.  I was getting ready to leave Gwen's house, after another wonderful day with them, when my car seemed to be totally dead!   Now this is frustrating on several levels.  First of all, there is an almost brand new battery in this car - just purchased in November.  Secondly, I had another time when my car would not start.  When Ken came to figure out the problem (since it was just weeks after the new battery), he discovered that the cable to the battery was loose. So he connected the cable and tightened it and since that, everything has been fine.  Here we are, just a couple of months later and the car won't start.  When I opened the hood, there was the battery cable, NOT connected, AGAIN!  Thankfully, Tim was able to just push the cable on and the car started right away.  I got home just a bit later than normal and Ken was able to fix (for the time being) this battery problem.   As I was driving home I was thinking about this "problem".  In the morning I was reading a Facebook post by my Kenyan friend Lucy.  She was recounting all the ways that Jesus works in our daily life.  One of the ways she noted was through "problems".  As she said, sometimes the problem we face actually keeps us out of what might be a real disaster.   I was imagining the accident that I might have avoided or some other thing that I can't even imagine!   So, I am thankful for this blessing, yesterday. 

A few weeks ago, I had a dream.  In the dream there was a very large banquet table, and it was filled with the most amazing looking food.  I have a picture similar to the one above, hanging in my bedroom.  But in the dream, the chairs were all filled with people and the table (and the plates) were filled with food!  There were also lots of people standing around the table - which I thought was kind of interesting.  I felt that this dream had something to do with Communion, but it seemed that there was more.  While I knew that there was a message in this dream, I couldn't quite figure it out.  Then a couple of other things came up.  First, I saw a video of Heidi Baker describing the floods in Mozambique.  The short video brought me to tears.  I can't find the link to the exact video, but you can watch a more recent video about the flooding here Heidi Baker - flooding.   And then I got invited to a Passover Seder.  Well, these three things did not seem at all connected...........until I spent a very powerful hour in worship at HUB on Sunday night.  

I  can't explain exactly how I began to put these very odd pieces together, but what I began to see during worship was a FLOOD of the Holy Spirit and a FLOOD of revelation of exactly who Jesus is, that was going to happen all over the world at Passover Seder celebrations.   I felt that all of those people that were standing BEHIND the chairs in that dream, had not yet discovered the host of that banqueting table - Jesus.   It seemed that many people are "stuck in the mud" (which was shown very clearly in the Heidi Baker video) and while they are very close to the truth, they are not quite there.  I just love that Jesus may well be using that flood - that problem - in Mozambique as a blessing.  Please join me in praying for all of these things.  Pray for Heidi Baker, her ministry, and everyone in Mozambique.  Pray for all of those Passover Seders around the world.  Pray for a new and renewed revelation of Jesus in that special meal. There is plenty of room at that "Communion" table!  And pray for that flood of the Holy Spirit over all of us! 

Jesus, thank you for the reminder to see the blessing in every problem.   Thank you for speaking to me in dreams and bringing further revelation during worship.  Jesus, bless Heidi Baker and bring more of your provision and presence to Mozambique.  Yahweh, it is your plan that ALL would be saved.  Holy Spirit, bring revelation of Jesus during all of the Passover Seders.  Let there be a flood of new saints taking their places at that Communion table.   Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment