Friday, April 25, 2014

Fish out of water.... and much more


I had an amazing experience tonight.   I have blogged about the book "Speaking To The Heart" by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, that includes the scrapbook frames I made for Lia, Ellie and Zeke. Tonight there was a gathering that included some of the artists from that book.  Lynn very graciously invited me to attend and speak a bit about my "artwork".  I couldn't imagine what I would share and being surround by so many who are truly artists, was a bit intimidating.  I did feel like a fish out of water.  I was praying that Jesus would give me the exact message that I needed to share for this audience.  And, in the end, I shared something very different than I had planned.  When I sat down, I wondered why I was there.  When Lynn introduced me, she shared that I was the first person to introduce her to "prophetic art".  I had led a prophetic watercolor painting workshop that she had attended and it was the first time she experienced seeing a message in art. I was stunned.  I had one of those "hind sight" experiences of understanding how Jesus uses everything that we do.  Then, after the event ended and all of the people were milling about one of these amazing artists came up to me and expressed how I had inspired her to create a piece of art for her grandson.  She had never thought of asking Jesus for a prophetic word for her grandson.  I was able to pray with her to encourage her to know that destiny and to give her inspiration for the art piece.  These  two separate things confirmed to me, that Jesus was certainly the author of this event. 

As I was saying goodbye to Lynn and thanking her for this event, I was telling her about finding the "art" pictured above.   This paper had been crumbled in my nightstand drawer and I had just found it recently.  This is the first piece of watercolor prophetic art I ever did.  It was this picture that propelled me into doing the workshop that Lynn attended.  I hadn't really thought about how important this paper was.....that is, until tonight.   I think I will frame this and hang it where I can continue to see new and amazing things, through that artwork.  What do you see in this painting? I have a feeling that there are many different things being said in this painting. 

So this is my encouragement to you all.  Pick up some crayons, or colored pencils, or water colors and a piece of paper.   Put on some wonderful praise music.   Don't think or plan.  Just do.  Put that color on the page and let your mind go.  When you have filled up that paper, stop and ask Jesus what he is saying about this work of art.  You will be amazed at the results! 

Jesus, thank you, again for Lynn and this book "Speaking To The Heart".  Jesus, you are speaking to MY heart through this book in really amazing and wonderful ways. Continue to bless everyone who opens this book.  Help us all to be open to creating and expressing all that you are and give to us. Give us all courage to ask you for prophetic words, and inspiration to preserve those words in art.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment