Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hidden beauty... and a great reminder!

Yes, I was very frustrated yesterday while trying to blog about finally being at home.  I started trying to upload a photo to my blog (something I do all the time) and every time I tried, the page would freeze and I would lose everything that I had written.  I did this several times (I know, I should have figured it out after one or at the most two times, but I really wanted to write the blog).  Then I tried a couple of other things, like restarting my computer (also tried lots of times) and restarting the blog program (many times).  I looked on line for help (not much available), posted a comment in a blogger forum (no one responded) and then tried several other browsers and still nothing worked.  I finally posted that short blog, shut off my computer and went to bed very frustrated.  This morning I tried my usual browser and it did not work.  So I decided to try another browser AGAIN.   And on the first try, it worked.  I have no idea why, I am just feeling thankful and blessed that it did!

This picture above is one of my favorites from vacation.  At first you might think that this is just a picture of sand.  But look closely.....very closely, right in the center of the frame and you will see the crab!  He would dart out of his hole and if we moved, he would shoot back in.  Ken actually laid on the ground in the sand with the camera poised to get this picture as the crab ventured out of the hole.  I love how he is so camouflaged that you can almost not see him.  He is truly, hiding in plain sight!   What a great gift it is for these crabs to be able to protect themselves, just by getting so covered in sand that you can't see them.  I was thinking of a recent Facebook post I saw, that called for all Christians to be OPEN and obvious about their faith.   It  is time for us to declare to the world that we are here and we are fighting in a war against evil.  The time for all of us to hide and blend into the background of society is gone.  All that strategy has done is allow evil to walk all over us and advance their plan. So I am going to purpose to NOT be like the crab in this picture.  I will not hide and blend in.  I know that it will take practice and lots of covering and prompting of the Holy Spirit, but I am going to do it.

Last night, as I lay in bed, very frustrated by this blog, I was thinking about the last post I had done.  I blogged about Ken's dad and his end of life struggle and our family.  After that post, I got many comments from people thanking me for being honest about this.   One person said they thought it was the best post I had written on this blog!  And then I heard the whisper of the Holy Spirit reminding me that Satan wants to prevent me from sharing encouragement and truth through this blog.  I went to sleep thinking that there would be an answer today.  And there was!  Isn't Jesus just amazing?  So I will keep blogging.  Sharing and truth telling through these writings.

Jesus, thank you for providing that little crab to remind me not to hide YOU from the world.  Give us all courage and boldness to strip away the covering and let your light shine through us.    Holy Spirit, thank you for reminding me that even when it seems like evil prevails, you will provide another way.  What an amazing and wonderful caring God you are, that even understands us in all of those frustrating moments. Thank you for the internet, Facebook, and blogging programs that allow your words to go forth to the nations.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment