Tuesday, August 5, 2014

When words make a difference........

Today I picked up a book that I sometimes use as a devotional and opened to this page.  My eyes were just stuck on this page!  I read it over and over.  Just last Sunday I had been at a meeting where these verses were being discussed.  Oh how I wish I had had this paraphrase with me at that time.   I love how clear and direct this is.  Needless to say, the versions that were read on Sunday, were not quite as clear. 

Isn't it funny how just a slight change of words can make something sound so different?   There is so much in this single page.  Here are the single words that have been resonating with me all day..........

CELEBRATE -  yes we have so much to celebrate and it is easy to forget this! 
RECIPIENT -  we have received ALL of God's treasure house.  WOW!
FREE -  we are set free....free from the Law, free from ALL charges, free from our sins.
RECONCILED -  the records have been set straight and we have been brought into God's family.

And finally, we are now an integral part of God's plan!  Yes, an integral part! 

You know, in all truth telling, this is a really tough thing for me to hold on to.  It just seems so amazing to think that each person has a unique part to play in God's plan.  This is especially true when you look at your own life.  It is hard for us to see the supernatural plan in our everyday life.  Especially during times when your path doesn't seem all that clear. 

I love how quickly Jesus answers our questions and provides clarity when we just can't get to the punch line.  There is just something about reading a part of scripture in more "natural" language that helps it hit home for us.  This short little reading covers everything that we need to think about.   We are (and have been) children of God, with all the amazing good things that He has.  Jesus paid the ultimate price on the cross that set us free from sin and brought us into relationship again with the Father.  Now we are all part of God's master plan to bring this GOOD NEWS to the world!   YAY! 

This has been a great place to spend some time today.  I have taken a break from running around getting ready for vacation.  And that has been a welcomed, peace filled, time! 

Jesus, thank you for all of the various devotional books that I have on my book shelf.  You provide exactly what we need, when we need it.  Holy Spirit, thank you for prompting me to open to this page and giving me the great peace and rest as I meditated on these words.  Help each person reading them to take in this incredible message of your great love and your amazing plan.  Thank you for knowing my heart and hearing my silent prayers.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment