Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Collective Wisdom" through email

On Sunday I received an email titled "Collective Wisdom".  It was sort of a "chain" letter that asked you to send a thought, prayer, bible verse or really anything you wanted to the first person on the list.  You then took that name off, moved the second person up to the number one spot and add your name as number 2.  Then email this letter to 20 people on your email list.  Usually, I avoid these type of things like the plague.  But, for some reason, I decided to go ahead and do this one.  I think the title "Collective Wisdom" was part of the reason.  I have been looking for input and asking for Jesus to speak to me in any way possible.  This has been an amazing surprise.  I can't wait to check my email to see if there are any "mystery emails" since I know that these emails will come from people I most likely will not know.  Today's surprise was this email............................

When there is love in the home, there is joy in the heart!
 
I recognized this immediately!  If you see the picture above, I have this sentiment framed on my bedroom wall!  Interesting!!
 
Here are a sample of the really great emails I have received.....
 
No matter what this day entails, enable me to live in your grace and love so that I may rejoice in all things and trust that all things work together for good.  God’s plans for your life far exceed the circumstances of your day.
 
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary,  they have divine power to demolish strongholds."
2 Corinthians 10:4

 
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy,
He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection
 of Jesus Christ from the dead.   - 1 Peter 31:24
 
I am very happy that I decided to do this little email thing.  I have been encouraged and surprised by every email that I have received.  I have even gotten a reply from the person that I sent a little "Collective Wisdom" email!   It's wonderful to know that not only have I been blessed, but also that I blessed someone else. 
 
I guess that I will not be so quick to disregard this type of email the next time I receive one.  I have to say that I have really taken the time to think about and reflect on every email I have received.  It is great to know that there are people out there that have chosen to take the time to send me their "Collective Wisdom".  What an amazing thing to be a part of a group of people with no motive accept to bless each other. 
 
Jesus, thank you for this email experience.  Bless all who are participating in this and even those who received the email but decided not to forward this on.  Holy Spirit, thank you for using all means to speak to us and to remind us of exactly what we need each day.  Thank you for computers and email and facebook and blogs!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment