Sunday, February 2, 2014

Putting the shell to my ear.....

Today, Lyn, we believe God wants you to know that ...

big decisions need time and space.

To make a big decision, give yourself time and space away
 from the mundane so that the sacred can emerge
 
 
So once again, this crazy online devotion has hit the mark.  After yesterday and considering what, how, and where to go on vacation, I saw this today.  I realized that I have had so much going on in the last couple of weeks that I do need to give myself some time and space to just re-center and refocus.  I am committed to seeking Jesus and finding his plan for me.  And that means that I have to set aside all the other stuff and just spend some time being.  I have been working lots of hours in the last month.  They have been short staffed and I agreed to help out.  I am so happy that starting next week, I will have a day off.  I am using that time to help Gwen and spend time with my grandchildren.  I know that in that time away from my day to day, I will begin to see and hear Jesus in new ways. 

Last night I was dreaming of being on a beach.  This was no surprise because of all my vacation thoughts and attempts at trip planning.  The interesting thing was that I saw this amazing shell way down on the beach.  I started to run towards this shell, but as fast as I ran, the further away the shell seemed.  When I stopped running and just slowly walked towards it, it was right in front of me.  And then when I stopped, It was laying at my feet.  When I bent over to pick it up, I realized it was the shell that sits on our mantel!  This is the shell...........


As I held it in my hand and turned it over, and then held it to my ear, I heard so clearly.......

Slow down, stop, and listen.  There are beautiful and wonderful things for you to discover.  Don't hurry past all the wonder in each minute of each day.  There are miracles in the mundane.  There are glories in the muck and mire.  There is joy in the junk.  Look for the miracles and the glory and the joy.  Then you will see the answers. 

I love that it was when I stopped running I was able to get what I wanted.  I love that even in this odd dream, there was such an important lesson.  If I want to hear and get direction, I need to stop racing around and take the time to listen.   And I will be remembering this every time that I look at this amazing shell sitting on my mantle.

Jesus, thank you so much for speaking to me and answering the questions I didn't even know I was asking.  Holy Spirit, thank you for giving me hope and joy today.  Jesus, I know that I am not alone in my preoccupation with the day to day stuff.  Help us all to slow down and see the miracles, feel your glory, and express your joy no matter what our circumstances are.  Thank you for leading and guiding me every day.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment