Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 7 - An unexpected answer to prayer!

My story for today is actually TODAY'S story!  Not from a few years ago, or many years ago.  But actually from this week.  This picture of Ken and I with his dad, was taken last year when we visited him.  I have been feeling so strongly that we needed to get to Florida to see him again this year.  But we had many, many obstacles in our way.  Even before I lost my job, we just were not seeing any way to plan another trip.  We had decided that we did not want to do the "same old trip" to celebrate our 40th anniversary.  That is why we ended up in Canada.  Another obstacle to an added vacation was that Ken's company is relocating to a different building.  This move is really a big deal (think big, expensive, delicate and fragile equipment that has to be packed, moved, set up and recalibrated.  Yes, this is a lot of stress.) And of course, the exact dates of this move kept changing, which certainly added to the stress.  So anytime I tried to approach the subject of going to Florida, Ken was just unwilling to talk about it.  I understood why he was reluctant.  Then when I lost my job, it sort of made the thought of a trip, well impossible. 

As I have mentioned, I have been looking for a new job.  But there has been nothing out there!  Applications have been filled out, resumes sent, emails and faxes, yet there have been not calls.  I have had the feeling that the exact job just was not ready yet.  And I have had peace in it all. 

Then, Ken came home and mentioned that he has to travel to a business meeting in North Carolina, in the beginning of August.  I started to think about the possibility of combining this trip with a vacation to Florida.  Before I could even mention it, Ken suggested it!  Suddenly, I was very glad that I wasn't at the beginning of a new job.  That would have made it impossible for me to take two weeks off. 

Isn't it amazing how Jesus works?  All this time, the reason that I haven't found work, was to allow me the freedom to travel to see Ken's dad.  And since Ken's travel is already work related, it wasn't a problem to add some vacation time to this trip. 

The icing on the cake answer to prayer was finding out that a gift certificate we received for an ocean resort was going to be honored!   This was amazing because the certificate actually expired YESTERDAY!  I called yesterday and explained that we were going to be able to be in Florida in August and asked if they would honor this, and they said YES!  With no hassle, no trouble, nothing!  It was just a simple, "Sure, we'll honor that!"  Wow, I was overwhelmed.  Ken and I will be able to have some time at the ocean to just relax.  What a gift.

So, this is truly an answer to prayer.  Not only will we get to see Ken's dad, we will get a much needed rest at my favorite location - the ocean.  And Ken will get some much needed time to recover from the stress of his work situation.  I am sure that the exact right job for me will show up after we get back from our trip. 

Jesus, thank you so much for knowing our hearts and making those sometimes hidden things come to pass for us.  Jesus, thank you for this amazing gift of time away to spend with family.  Thank you for Ken's job and for your grace and provision during this stressful time.  Thank you for favor for us with Ken's company and also favor at that resort.  Bless all who had a part in making this trip possible.  Thank you Jesus for unexpected and joyful surprises!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment