Tuesday, July 1, 2014

When the bubble breaks.........

I had a really wonderful day today.  Gwen and I took the kids to the local Children's Museum.  I can tell you that a couple of hours at this place is long enough for this grandma!  The kids had a blast!  I love this picture of Lia putting herself inside of a bubble.  The kids discovered that it was very messy when that bubble broke!  It's a good thing that bubbles = soap and it's not a big deal to get a bit of a bubble mess.  Then after this time at the museum, Gwen's childhood best friend brought her one month old baby to our house for a visit.  We had a great lunch and both Gwen and I got some time holding this sweet little boy, who seems so much littler than Anna!  But on the down side, it was WARM in our house since our air conditioning is now totally not working.   And just to add to the day, they are repaving the roads in our subdivision.  So it was a bit sweaty and smelly in our house!
I believe that we all had a good time, in spite of this.  

Yes, the last couple of weeks have seemed a bit like that bubble bursting.  (Which I guess is just another way to say getting dumped on!)  Losing a job, finding out you need a new furnace and air conditioner - yes, these are not pleasant things.  I love looking at this picture of Lia.  You can see the rainbow in the bubble.  I love the look on her face.   Just before the bubble burst!  It's good to remember the rainbow and the joy that precedes the bursting.  I have been reminded of the amazing provision of the Lord for Ken and I.   We are blessed with a wonderful home and we have always had jobs provided exactly when we needed them. In my Bible reading today, I came upon this verse -

"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." 2Chronicles 16:9
 
I love this idea that Jesus is watching over the entire earth.  Doesn't that put all of our own problems and situations into perspective?  On one hand, he is mindful of the entire earth but on the other hand, he cares about ME!  It's a wonderful thing to hold the picture of the rainbow filled bubble in the front of your mind.  Remember that all that I have and do, is because of the provision and love and care of Jesus.  That makes the point of the bubble burst a lot easier to take.  Because the kids discovered very quickly, that there was another bubble just around the corner.   And I will remember, that there is another job out there, in His time and His plan.   Tonight I am especially thankful for the provision of exactly the right company to install a new furnace and air conditioner TOMORROW!  Ken and I were really expecting that it may be next week before we were comfortable again.  This is truly a miracle. 
 
Jesus, thank you so much for your watchful eyes that bring your strength to us.  Holy Spirit, thank you for the rainbows that remind us of your love and care.  And thank you especially for your joy.  Jesus thank you for trustworthy friends and wonderful family times.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment