Saturday, August 24, 2013

A door opens and the way becomes clearer.....

You know how sometimes you just can't predict what a day holds? Well, today was supposed to be just a normal Saturday and we didn't really have any big plans.  So we went to breakfast, which is our usual on a Saturday morning.  We did a small amount of shopping and errands and we even drove into Chicago for a special sale.  After getting home and eating a quick lunch, I worked on some stuff for my second job.  I had a couple of phone calls and some text messages.  After dinner, my husband and I decided to take a quick drive to a local forest preserve to see a sunset. It was a beautiful end to this day. This sounds like a pretty normal but boring day doesn't it? 



Here's the best part of this day.  I have had an issue - a problem - that didn't seem to have any solution.  It is something that I have been thinking and praying about for a long time.  Like over a year.  Today, in the midst of the "normal" day, I felt as if a door was opened and suddenly, there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel of this situation.  In the midst of the other things in my day, the Holy Spirit began to speak into my spirit some answers to the problem.  Just yesterday I felt as if I had a blank sheet of paper on this and today, there is a list of possible solutions.  I  realized that this is really a miracle!  This is one of those things that sometimes, we just miss the great things that God does for us.  When I was least expecting an answer to this, when I wasn't looking for the treasure map to get through the mine fields of this issue, that is when Jesus spoke into my spirit. The issue isn't gone, but now I feel as if the path is clearer.   

Today I want to give hope and encouragement to anyone who might have something that seems so deep and dark and impossible that you feel that it will not be resolved. Jesus is listening to your cry and he will answer. Nothing is impossible with God.  I think that part of my answer was in the "normal".  I refused to let the problem become so great that it covered over the normal things that are in my life.  And I trusted that there would be a solution or a direction that I needed to go.   

I love the way the answers to prayers come in the everyday things.  I love that we are surprised when there is a "suddenly" provided by the Holy Spirit.  I have personally received some pretty amazing answers to prayer that came "immediately" - including a dramatic healing of asthma.  But today, I am celebrating the miracle of an answer when I did not expect it. And I am celebrating in the process of the answer.   

Thank you , thank you Jesus.  You are simply wonderful.  I am so grateful tonight for the way that you bring wisdom and revelation and direction to get to solutions to problems that seem impossible.  Yahweh, bring your hope and encouragement to those who are in the midst of seemingly impossible situations.  Jesus it is your faith that we need!  Thank you for the light at the end of the tunnel.  Jesus, you are the light of the world.  Thank you for giving us your life and your light.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment