Today I have been thinking about all of the adults and children who just walked right by that crying little boy. I understand that everyone is very busy and that the car line is a well-oiled machine that doesn't give anyone much time to notice anything. But still, I wonder how long he would have stood there. Or even worse, tried to follow his mom's car. Isn't it sad that most of the time we are so self absorbed that we miss the things that are happening around us? I am going to make it a point to slow down and notice the little things. This event was such a blessing to me. I paid a lot more attention for the rest of the day, as I was going through my usual routine.
- I noticed a lady crossing a very busy street with a walker near a Jewel store. I prayed for her safety.
- There was a worker putting marks on the street that dropped a tool from his pocket. I was able to open my window and tell him about this. He was very thankful!
- I saw some really beautiful flowers that must have been in that yard I passed every day - and I had never noticed them.
- I noticed that there was a new store opening, and again, I hadn't even noticed before.
- During my morning walk, I found an amazing walkway that connects to a park. It is shaded by wonderful large trees and has neat little bridges. Great for my 20 month old buddy!
Thank you Jesus for these reminders to us to be your eyes and ears here on earth. Help us to be aware of those around us who might need to see or hear you through our words or actions. Give us courage and boldness to step out when we notice things that you bring to us. Fill us with your peace Jesus as we walk through our days. Guide and direct us Holy Spirit. Thank you Jesus, for your great love. Fill us with your life and your love. Help us to effect our world - one small action at a time.