Sunday, August 11, 2013

It is NOT about me!

In my last post I purposed to see all of the Jesus moments on my scrapbooking weekend.  So, here is my list of some of the moments...

1.  The hotel is one of the best we have ever used for our scrapbook events.  The room was fully prepared, even including extras like coffee, water and cookies!  I really see this as a Jesus moment when sometimes things are not so smooth.  As a matter of fact, our last event we had no tables.  This is a very important part of scrapbooking - we need tables to work on!  Since I coordinated this event, I had prayed for a smooth set up.  The staff were all wonderful.  Thank you Jesus!

2.  Once again, I am so blessed by this group of gals.  We have had so much great conversation, lots of laughs, so many stories and memories.  And we get to see everyone 's pictures.  Thank you Jesus!

3.  IT WAS SO QUIET!  Last night was so quiet in our rooms that we all slept well.  Sleep seems like something that should not be a "Jesus moment" but for most of this group of people, sleep is a very precious thing.  So a night of quiet and peaceful sleep, really is a God thing.  Again, Thank you Jesus!

4.  FIREWORKS!  Who would think that we would be treated to an amazing fireworks display on BOTH nights?  And it is AUGUST - (not the 4th of July)! And the Jesus moment of this is that several of us had not seem any fireworks this year on the 4th.  This is, again, a way that Jesus knows exactly what we need - even when we don't know that we need it.  The fireworks were so beautiful and went on and on.  And really did take our breath away.  It was so a Jesus thing.

5.  FACETIME!  What an amazing gift to be able to not only talk with my precious little grandchildren, but to SEE their faces.  Oh, how precious it was to hear "Hi Grandma!" and to see those faces pressed up close to the screen.  Thank you Jesus for the gift of live video chat.

Now for a very personal Jesus moment....  I am so thankful for the time to just be outside of my normal routine.  I know that my normal is not so busy or crazy that I should really need this, but I have been aware of just how "cluttered" my day to day really is.  I think you can only see that when you step away from normal for a few seconds and then look carefully at what you are feeling in that moment.

I have done a lot of "speaking to myself" this weekend.  And I know that Jesus is the one doing the talking.  As I have offered some words of comfort and understanding to others, I have been given comfort and understanding.  One of the biggest things I have learned this weekend from Yahweh is that everything going on around me is simply not ALL about ME -  "IT IS NOT ABOUT ME!" You know what I'm talking about here, don't you?  Those times when everything around you is in an uproar or when you begin to feel like the entire world is against you?  Well, in those times, it is more than likely NOT about you.  That big crisis or that gossip-filled office or all that Mella-drama in a family are more about the OTHER people in the situation, and not about you.  But satan just wants us to keep on thinking that it is all about us.  When we live in that place of condemnation and turmoil, it becomes so difficult to even think about seeing or hearing Jesus.  That is the exact place that satan wants to keep us.  Cut off from the presence of Yahweh.  So, in the next days, I am going to be doing a lot of reciting to myself......"IT IS NOT ABOUT ME!"

Thank you Yahweh, for this refreshing and life-filled time away.  Thank you Jesus for reminding me that in the ordinary times you are here with us and you are speaking through us and to us.  I pray a special blessing on my scrapbooking friends.  Bless their families (all the husbands who stayed at home, especially the ones taking care of all the children) and the homes.  Please remind me, Holy Spirit, that every situation is not about me.  You are at work around me, protecting me and blessing me.   Thank you!   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment