Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's in a name.....

Last night I had a dream about a very high waterfall.  It wasn't big - like Niagra Fall, It was really narrow, but flowing very fast.
 
 
This is a picture of a small waterfall in Rockford.  But I did think of this picture when I woke up this morning.  I know that Yahweh is speaking to me whenever there is water included in the picture.  Okay -  here is more truth telling!   One of the first times that I heard Jesus speak clearly to me, I heard John 7:38 -  "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him".  The Holy Spirit wrote that verse into me, and I knew that verse was significant for me.   Imagine my surprise, when months later, I discovered that my name -Lynnette-actually means "streams of living water" and the verse associated with my name is John 7:38!  To me this was confirmation that Yahweh named me.  He cares for me and he has a unique plan and purpose for my life. 

Back to the dream from last night...  I was standing at the top of the waterfall and the water looked so inviting.  I remember thinking about jumping in!  And just as I thought about jumping, I was sailing down the waterfall.  It was amazing!  I wasn't afraid and it was a wonderful ride.  Along the way, I was noticing that there were people all along the sides of the waterfall.  Some were standing and some were sitting on the grass.  It was such a pleasent scene.  And it felt like exactly where I was supposed to be. 

So today, I am much more confident that writing this blog, is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.  It is through this blog that I am able to let those streams of living water flow out from me.  I can write about the things that Yahweh is speaking to me.  And I can share with all of you, how great the plans and purposes of Jesus are for you.  He has a destiny for you and He wants to speak to you. So tonight I am celebrating "Taking the plunge" down that waterfall.  Because I know that Yahweh is in charge of this ride. 

Yahweh, thank you for speaking to me in dreams.  Thank you for your plans and purposes and destiny.  Jesus, you are speaking from heaven and we just need to be still and listen.  Thank you for my name.  You work in some of the most amazing ways.  Yahweh, work in the lives of the people reading this blog.  Help them to hear your voice and come into a better understanding of all that you have for them.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment