Friday, August 16, 2013

Jubilation........ so much more than just Joy!

I woke up this morning with the word "Jubilation" in my mind.  I did not have a lot of time to think about this since I was going to spend some time with my grandchildren.  I left the house early and during the hour long drive, I got to thinking about that word.  Jubilation.  I just kept hearing it over and over.  I wondered about the meaning of the word, but more than that, I was wondering about what Yahweh was saying to me. 

So, the first thing I did was look up the word (thanks online Websters dictionary)...... Jubilation means - Elation, Delight and Triumph.  Okay -  all good, but what was I missing?  I couldn't figure out exactly what was going on.  I had a wonderful day playing with Lia, Ellie and Zeke.  We played outside.  We laughed and there were lots of hugs and kisses.  I am so blessed by these sweet children.  



I didn't think about this Jubilation word much, until my drive home.  I was turning the meaning over and over in my head..... elation, delight, triumph..... and then I realized that this goes so far beyond just JOY!  Jubilation is a step higher.  And then, just as I was starting to think I was understanding this, so clearly it came into my spirit......JUBILATION OF YAHWEH!   JOY!  There it is.  Joy is the elation, the delight, the triumph of Yahweh.  That is what true joy is! 

Doesn't it change this bible verse to think about JOY in this way....."Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the JOY ( Jubilation - elation, delight and triumph of Yahweh) set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."   Hebrews 12:2

It was for the triumph of Yahweh that Jesus went to the cross for us.  It was for the delight of Yahweh that Jesus went to the cross.  Yahweh was delighted that his eternal plan and destiny was being done. I have such a deeper understanding of  this Biblical joy, just from this one word.  Jubilation. 

So I will have a totally different and much deeper revelation of the word JOY.  It helps so much in seeing the difference between HAPPY and JOY.  When I think back over the times when I have felt joy, I can see that difference clearly.   There is a real and deep purpose in joy.  Joy seems to show up when there is more going on than just feelings and emotions.  In that Hebrews verse, Jesus had the feeling and emotions OF the Father.  That joy was the joy OF the father.  In those times of joy, I was experiencing the Jubilation of Yahweh. 

Oh Jesus, thank you for deeper revelation.  Thank you for continuing to speak to us today.  I just love that the word JOY means so much more to me tonight than it did this morning.  You are an amazing God that cares so much for us.  Yahweh, you are to be celebrated with Jubilation!  Help us to remember the deeper meaning behind joy and bring us all into the experience of true joy.  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment