Saturday, August 3, 2013

When Jesus knows your heart......

Do you know how you have some people that you have never met, and you can't wait to get to heaven to talk with them? Well, Corrie ten Boom is one of those people for me. I imagine that I am one of thousands of people who have been touched by her through her books, writings or the movie "The Hiding Place."  By the time I read about her and then read her book in the late 1980's she was already dead.  This morning I found a link on my Facebook feed to this amazing video.  Corrie ten Boom - in her own words.  It is 45 minutes long, but so worth watching.  I had never heard her speak and there is something about hearing her voice that spoke so much to my spirit. 


This reminded me of an interesting thing that happened to me, a LONG time ago.  (Well actually, about 22 years ago)  My walk with Jesus had been influenced greatly by reading Christian books - most of which were not new releases at the time.  I had read books by Larry Christenson, Dennis Bennet, John Sherrill, and heard stories about Kathryn Kuhlman.  I remember thinking how amazing it would be to actually get to hear these people speak or to see them at a conference. I knew that Kathryn Kuhlman had died in the 1970's, so it would not be possible to see her.  One evening, I was flipping through the channels on the TV and happened upon what I knew to be a very old program of a worship service.  I could tell by the way people were dressed that it was not a current program.  Suddenly there was an introduction, and Kathryn Kuhlman walked onto the stage.  I sat fixed on the screen and listened to her speak about the relationship between faith and healing.  It was mind-blowing.  Then much to my surprise, she introduced Dennis Bennet!  He joined her on stage and spoke a small portion of his testimony.  For me, it was an amazing gift.  I felt as if I had been given a chance to see these two in a real way - through the rebroadcast of an old television program.  It was such a God thing.  Then, just a short time later, I got to meet Larry Christenson and actually spend time fellowshiping with him at a retreat held by my church.  It was such a personal desire, that I felt Jesus had answered, just for me. 

And this morning I felt the same way.  Once again, I am so thankful that I live in a time of television, computers, the Internet - the information age.  It has allowed me to really see and hear these true saints of the church. 

Yahweh, thank you for all those who have put their faith stories onto paper so that they could be read generations later.  Jesus you know the desires of our hearts and it is your blessing to us to provide them.  Yahweh, continue to use the many books, videos, stories and testimonies of your people.  Thank you for your plan to use us, empowered by the Holy Spirit, to demonstrate to the world, who you are!  Jesus, thank you for posts on Facebook and old television programs!  Yahweh, you are an amazing and wonderful Father.   Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment