Thursday, August 1, 2013

Not all spiritual things are good........


As I was praying this morning, I had an amazing vision. I saw a wonderful "rainbow" colored butterfly. It was quite unlike anything I had ever seen.  While this butterfly in the photo above,  is very beautiful (thanks to my husband for this picture), it is no where near as beautiful as the butterfly I saw this morning.  As I was praying for various people, that butterfly would appear over them.  I knew that the rainbow was a symbol of the covenant and the butterfly represents transformation. How great is it that Yahweh chooses to speak to us in pictures and symbols that we can recognize and understand?  So I was praying for each of the people with thanksgiving that they are under the covenant of Yahweh and in thanks that Jesus is in the transformation business. 

Then, as I was driving, I saw a sign on a Hindu temple near to my home.  It said "religion unites people and doesn't divide".  This stirred up something that has been rolling around in my mind, heart and spirit for some time.  There are a lot of "spiritual things" bombarding us everywhere! I have been more and more aware of the great deception that is in our society that is reflected in the words on that sign.  The lie says that all religions are the same.  It really doesn't matter which you choose - all good people will end up in heaven.   I was so thankful for the vision this morning that reminded me that I need to be under the covenant of Yahweh - the great I AM and know that Jesus is the only way to the Father. But also on my mind are the many "spiritual" things that abound everywhere!  The psychic readers, the palm/tarot card readers, the crystals, horoscopes, fortune tellers.  The danger of all of this stuff, is that it IS spiritual!  Just not the Holy Spirit!  In America we have been desensitized to the ways that demonic spirits are active and in the business of lies and deception.  When people say, "well these things are real" my reply is "YES - VERY REAL" just not Godly.

On Tuesday evening, I was blessed to hear from a couple from Uganda. They shared about their ministry in a small village in northern Uganda.   I was remembering my own visit to Uganda in 2004.  
 
During that visit, the local Pastors had told us that there wasn't really any problem in their congregation with witchcraft.  However, it was revealed to us that, in fact, there were "authorized witchdoctors" that everyone visited.  When my friend, under the power of the Holy Spirit, spoke about the dangers of witchcraft, and then asked anyone who needed to repent of this to come forward for prayer - the entire church went forward!  My thought today is that, if you asked the "witchcraft" question to a group of people in the United States, most would say "oh no, we don't believe in that!"
But then they would read their horoscope in the paper, call up a telephone physic to decide about a new job,  watch the Long Island Medium on TV, go and have their palm read, and simply accept that sign that says that "all religions unite people".  Hence, the title of this post - not all "spiritual things" are good! 

Thank you Yahweh for reminding me that I am under your covenant.  Jesus, you are the only way to heaven - to the Father.  Thank you for the new covenant that provided us true transformation.  Thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit that lives within us and reminds us of the truth.  Yahweh, speak to those who have gone astray and become drawn into spiritual things that are NOT of you.  Draw them to your truth.  Protect your people from the evil one.  Thank you Jesus that you are in the process of awakening us to a better understanding of the deceptions around us.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment