Sunday, September 1, 2013

Awesome night..........around the world

I just drove home with the remains of a very bad thunderstorm ahead of me.  The lightning was just lighting up the sky.  Over and over the clouds were illuminated by streaks of lightning .  For me, it felt as if Jesus was just affirming everything that I had heard, seen and experienced tonight. 

I am so thankful for HUB Ministries.  HUB stands for His United Believers.  When you step into these meetings, you may not know a soul, but you are totally at home.  The worship is amazing and the diversity of speakers that come to these meetings makes every week an adventure.  Tonight's speaker was Pastor Sam Babu from India and the worship leader was Apostle Lisa Nelson from Eagle Rock Ministry.  However, the main speaker tonight was the Holy Spirit. 

The worship is well..........different.  It's not singing songs.  It is hearing the heart of Jesus poured out through the worship leader.  And this is in response to the cry of the worship leader.  Here is a bit of what we were hearing tonight.........

Break down my defenses, awaken my senses.
Your love is relentless, pursue me, overtake me. (Us to Jesus)

My head on your chest, I feel every breath
Breathe your heart into me, till I see. Till I feel it.
I want to be like you Jesus.     (Us to Jesus)
 
Holy, Holy, Holy is the lamb. 
Your blood speaks of better things
at the mercy seat.        (Us to Jesus)
 
Bless the lamb, He reigns, we call out.   (Us to Jesus)

Awaken those things you thought had died.
Courage to rise out of the place you were in. 
Never out of my hand, never out of my plan
You are released to speak, get under the blood (Jesus to us)

draw us higher to a new thing. (Us to Jesus)

Take my hand. I will draw you to a new place.
In the new place you will find secrets.  Your eyes won't be blind. (Jesus to us)

Open my eyes so I can see your glory. (Us to Jesus)
 
New ability to breathe.  Can you breathe the signs of the times?
You are the light in the darkness.  Release my glory.
You have been saved for this time, for the world to see,
my sons and daughters in liberty.
Stretch out your hands. I am releasing faith for this time.
Arise in authority, expose the lies of the enemy.
You look like me.  You have captured my heart.
I will send you again and again.
You will be astounded by the awesome things you will see.
Healing and miracles and my restoration.
I am strengthening your knees to run with my vision.
I am strengthening your knees to run with heaven.  (Jesus to us)
 
There is honey soothing every part that is in pain
I am polishing your shield and raising your sword.
Raise it high and stand against the enemy.
Stand in me, Stand in my authority.
 
Speak, Release, Speak what you see.
Release what you hear from me.
 
Come away with me.  Fly on my wings.
Fly into your destiny.
I have chosen you and I give you my life.

Breathe in me.  I will set you free.    (Jesus to us)

I want to share about the words that I bolded above.  There was a "surprise" addition to tonight's meeting.  Apparently during dinner tonight, the HUB leader, Nancy Magiera, met a man from Sweden.  He is a worship leader. So he was invited to join the worship team.  His name was Fredrick, but I never heard a last name.  I don't think I have words to describe how seamlessly he fit in with the worship team.  You know you are in the presence of the Holy Spirit when things just flow.  And when Fredrick sang, my spirit soared.  I felt that new place and the going higher. 

Then Pastor Sam spoke about revival that is happening in his church in India.  And it is happening to the children.  He had a video of the children encountering Jesus.  I don't think I took a breath during the entire thing.  It was amazing.   And then he spoke about how the revival happened.  The short story - the Holy Spirit showed up and the children had individual encounters with Jesus.  And he talked about the river of living water that must flow from us. 

I do feel like this night was just for me.  But I bet most people who were there felt the same way. That is the most awesome part of this all.  Jesus has a way of reaching each of us, exactly where we are at.  Jesus knows that anytime I hear John 7:38 (the streams of living water verse) used in a meeting - I know that the Holy Spirit is speaking something to me.  The worship leader from Sweden, well that was just another special touch for me.  I have been thinking about my Swedish roots.  So, tonight was about a group of people in Chicago assembled together, worshipping with a man from Sweden, then hearing a message from a man from India.  It was a round the world trip.

Jesus - thank you.  Holy Spirit - Thank you.  Help me to reflect on everything that was spoken tonight.  Bless all who were in attendance.  Thank you for HUB, Jesus.  Bless all those who have a part in making these meetings happen.  Thank you for Pastor Sam, Apostle Lisa, Fredrick and Nancy.  Jesus, will you just give them even more of you?  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment