Thursday, September 19, 2013

When Jesus speaks in a song.....

Do you know how sometimes you hear just the perfect song, at just the right time?  I had one of those times this morning.  A song I have heard many times, sung many times, thought about before..... just smacked me in the heart and spirit this morning.  Who I Am by Casting Crowns  Click on this link to hear the song that stopped me this morning.   Here are the words......

Who am I? That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name, Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I? That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,  for my ever wondering heart.

Not because of who I am. But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done. But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading, Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean, A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,  Lord you catch me when I'm falling,
And you told me who I am.  I am yours.  I am yours.

Who am I?  That the eyes that see our sin
Would look on me with love  And watch me rise again
Who am I?  That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain, And calm the storm in me.

Whom shall I fear?  Whom shall I fear?
'cuz I  am yours.  I am yours.


After my post yesterday (and the day before), I was thinking about how short our time really is, to make a difference for Jesus.  None of us knows the length of our days.  We are those flowers, quickly fading.  We are just a vapor in the wind.  And even when we feel like we are wandering off of the path that is the correct path for our destiny, Jesus will light the way for us to get back on track.  When those storms are raging INSIDE of us, as well as all around us, Jesus calls out to us and calms that inner storm.  Really, is there anything that should rattle us, when we KNOW this?  If we take the words of this song into our spirit, and digest it, there is nothing that we should be afraid of!  

I didn't really realize how fearful I had been over the last few weeks.  But the truth is, there are several things going on in my life right now, and somehow, that fear had just crept into my spirit.  There was some fear of man - what others would think.  There was some fear of the unknown.  There was some fear of making wrong choices or decisions.  But after hearing this song in a new way this morning, I am repeating over and over to myself "Whom shall I fear? I am yours!"   I know that I am not the only one feeling this today.  Do you have a storm raging inside of you?  Is it raining around you and you feel like you can't hear Jesus?  Well, good news, Jesus is calling out to YOU!  And the best news for ALL of us -  Jesus will catch us when we are falling.  And in that moment, when Jesus reaches out and catches us, he tells us that we belong to him.  Wow!  So, I encourage you to listen to the song in the link above.  Listen to it more than once.  Let it resonate in your spirit.  And then repeat after me "Whom shall I fear??  I am yours".

Jesus, thank you for music, for words that reach deep into our spirits.  Thank you for Casting Crowns and this special song "Who Am I".  Bless them mightily, Jesus.  Holy Spirit, reach out and touch many though this song.  Thank you for today and the encouragement that you have brought to me. 
Thank you for your great plans and purposes for each person.   And Jesus, thank you for calling out to me, through the storms raging inside of me!   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment