Friday, September 27, 2013

A bad start to the weekend, but the joy of another good friend!

 
Well, this weekend is not starting off very well.  I was so anxious to be finally FREE at 4:35 this afternoon.  Looking forward to an exciting day tomorrow (finding out the gender of our next grandchild : ) ) and then the weekend in general.  Went out to my car and it wouldn't start.  Noticed that one of the little hands that I cart around must have turned on the dome light in my car!  So I was hopeful that I just needed a jump!  Called Ken, he arrived about 45 minutes later, tried to get the car to start with our jumper cables - no luck.  Waited another 30 minutes for the Nanny dad to get home with another set of cables.  Tried their cables - no luck.  Called for the tow truck.  Finally at 7:20pm, the truck arrived and towed my car off to the repair shop.   Car repairs in general are a PAIN!  But for me, it means that I can't work if my car doesn't work!  Part of my duties as a nanny for 4 children, includes driving them to school!  So, we are praying that it is just a battery and nothing more. Updates to follow............

And, speaking of updates.....  My "new" old couch arrived yesterday!  We are so please with the redo of this old piece.  It looks modern and fresh and I love the fabric we settled on.  I am feeling like I have a new living room!   And tonight I will chose to celebrate the GOOD things in my life. 

So, now my life-long friend of the day.......... (NOTE - part of what Jesus has been speaking to me in this process, is that I have really been surrounded by MANY, MANY good friends at every stage of my life!  It is really difficult to choose who to blog about! I know that this really does not have much to do with who I am, but rather is about who Jesus has placed in my life.)
Diane Bottoms
Today I want to focus on one of my closest friends, Diane Bottoms.  Diane and I met in 1991.  We were in the midst of parenting "tweens and teens".  Diane has 4 children that are all around Gwen and Doug's age.We met while waiting to pick up kids from the Jr. Youth program at our church.   For me, Diane has been that person to whom I NEVER have to explain myself.  She just GETS me.  And another amazing thing, is that I GET her!  That means that we have been there for each other.  Holding each other up, praying for and with each other, understanding each other, listening to each other.  I mean, really, is there anything better than that?  And now we are Grandma's together.  There was a point when Diane thought her kids would never get married and she would never have any grandchildren.  Well, she now has me beat with 4 grandchildren and a 5th on the way!  We have really been through a lot together.  But Diane is really someone that I respect and admire BECAUSE of what she has been through.   She has trusted in Jesus in the worst possible situations.  She did not lose hope.  She has changed her entire life with courage and boldness.  She is a powerful women of God.  I am so blessed to call her my friend.  One of the best things is that I convinced her to try out scrapbooking, and now she is hooked!  This means that we get to spend lots of time together AND we get to scrapbook at the same time. 

I like to think of this type of friend as a "sister-friend".  You know what I mean.  You have so much in common that you might as well be sisters.  I am so thankful that Jesus knows when you really need to have someone like this in your life.  You think that what you have going on is SOOOOOO bad that no one can understand, and then up pops this "sister-friend".  She has her own stuff that she is dealing with, but suddenly you don't feel so alone. And you start to think that if SHE can have faith and trust that Jesus is going to get her through this storm, then you just might make it through yours.  The interesting thing is that instead of your problems and her problems equalling a BIG mess of problems, what happens is that your problems and her problems ends up equalling LESS of a problem because you each bring the others to Jesus.  And you have faith for that other person, when they can't quite muster it up.  Yep, Diane and I are life-long friends of the best kind - the "sister-friend" kind!

Jesus, thank you so much for these special friends.  Holy Spirit continue to remind me of all of the friends you have placed in my life, and also remind all those reading this blog about their friends.  Jesus you desire for us to know you as our provision.  Thank you for using this blog to remind me of the wonderful people you have provided in my life.  Jesus, bless Diane and her family.  Thank you for her faith and trust in you.  And Jesus, thank you for my new "old" couch!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment