Saturday, September 28, 2013

Celebrating daughters!



This picture is one of my very all time favorites.  This is me and Gwen in September of 1979 when she was about 4 months old.  Gwen doesn't understand why I love this picture, and to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure why I love this picture!  I think because it is one of the few pictures I have of me with Gwen (since I was usually the one taking the pictures) and more than that, it is just a candid shot!  I love that we are just laying on the couch together.  I love the look on her face.  I just love this picture!    I decided to post this shot today because we just found out that Gwen and Tim's expected baby is a GIRL!!!!  So Lia, Ellie and Zeke will have a new little sister next February.  We are so excited.  Zeke, we love you, but I am so excited to see all those cute little dresses again!  And I am envisioning the wonderful 3 matching dresses in the future - with Zeke coordinating is some very "manly" way! 

And with all that........... my life-long friend today is Gwen!  How could I leave her out of this "mini series" on friends?  I realized that I always said that my mom was my best friend.  And in the later years, I really began to know this in a deep and meaningful way.  And that has made me appreciate so much more, my relationship with Gwen.  I am sooooo blessed by Gwen on a daily basis.  So often she brings me a word or thought from her bible study or devotions or a sermon or something she has seen on the internet.  And I am so thankful that first of all, she communicates these things with me on a regular basis (okay honesty here, we usually talk at least once a day).  I know that many moms are not so blessed to have daughters who call daily.  More than just the calls, I am so blessed by the spiritual depth of our conversations.  I love that we can really share what is most important to us.  I love that I know that she is praying for me!  I love that she knows that I am praying for her!   It is simply amazing to watch her parent her children with so much grace.  What a joy it is to see her prophetic gifting coming forth.  And more than that, to see how much deeper and clearer her gifting is.  I love how she loves children and youth with whom she interacts.  I love her heart to reach the youth with the love of Jesus.  I love that she understands how to reach people in her generation.  And now I love watching her develop this same kind of relationship with her own daughters and son.   How special! 

Today I encourage you all to think about your relationships with your family.  If you are blessed with open and sharing relationships with your children and/or your parents - CELEBRATE and give thanks!  If you feel distant from your family members, pray and trust that Jesus will work this out.  The Holy Spirit is great at bringing families back together.  It is the heart of Yahweh to build strong loving families.  Our family members can and should be our best life-long friends.  Thank you Jesus!

Jesus, thank you for showing me today how you have blessed me through Gwen. Holy Spirit please encourage all those who are feeling distant in their relationships with their parents or children or siblings.  Give them great faith to trust in your ability to bring reconciliation and blessings to families.  Jesus, thank you for my new granddaughter.  Continue to protect and guard her as she grows and develops before her birth.  Thank you for Lia, Ellie and Zeke.  Bring them great joy and give them all a tight bond as siblings.  Thank you for Tim and Doug and Susie!  And Jesus, thank you so much for Ken.  Amen

PS.... Car update:  My car needs a new starter and will be repaired on Monday!  Ken and I were discussing what a blessing it was that the starter went out in a driveway when I was the only one effected.  Not during the car line, not when the kids were in the car, not when I was MILES away from home.  Not in the dark.  Jesus, thank you for your perfect timing! And thank you for honest, dependable car repair people!



No comments:

Post a Comment