Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Glue and the Clamps.....

Tonight I am thinking about assembling and arranging!  Ken and I just finished putting together a shelf unit for my upstairs hallway.  This was one of those, you know, assemble it yourself things.  Of course, we started this on Sunday and it is now Wednesday, so you know it was not a smooth project!  And the reason for the delay was all my fault.  I lifted the shelf unit when it was not all the way together and ripped it apart.  Thankfully, Ken knew just how to fix this "oops" on my part.  He went to the garage and found the wood glue and the giant clamp things and after a day or two of drying, everything was together!  Tonight we finished up the project and it is now in place.  And I have filled it with my completed scrapbooks.  I have LOTS of completed books.  They have been shoved into a cabinet and not seen very often.  Now they are in view and I intend to look at them often. 
Along with this assembly project, Jesus has been speaking to me about the "work" he is doing in my life right now.  I am so glad that when I make those "oops" mistakes in my life, Jesus can fix it up, in much the same way that Ken fixed that shelf.  Jesus comes and applies the glue of the Holy Spirit.  The presence and working of the Holy Spirit fills in all those cracks and holes left by the things that sometimes get ripped out of our lives.  The broken heart, the times there are breaks in our family tree, the hurts and sorrows caused by our own bad decisions or the actions of others.  And then Jesus himself wraps his loving arms around us and "clamps" us to him so that we can heal.  Isn't that amazing?  I love how Jesus shows me things like this, even in the midst of a less than wonderful assembly project.  A little bit ago I mentioned that I have started to hear a bit of an answer to a problem that has been with me for over a year.  I love that now I can think about this situation and I imagine that wonderful "glue" of the Holy Spirit and feel those arms of Jesus clamped around me.  Suddenly, that difficult problem doesn't seem so impossible.  I know that the Father is answering my prayers and with Jesus and the Holy Spirit - NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! 

So today, I am thankful for the assembly project that is now completed and holding my precious scrapbooks. I am also, thankful for Ken and his ability to get the job done - in spite of me!  And I am thankful for the image that I will carry with me of the glue and the clamps.  Is there anything better? 

Jesus, thank you for showing me how you go about taking care of us in the midst of the "oops" things in our life.  Holy Spirit, I love how you speak to us in the smallest things and bring revelation to us.  Jesus, I ask that you remind those reading this today, that you are the master fixer for us.  You take all of our junk away and then fix us up through the power of the Holy Spirit and your loving arms.  And there is nothing that is impossible for you! Thank you, thank you, thank you.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment