Monday, September 2, 2013

Surprises!

Today we spent the day together as a family.  What a wonderful time.  The get together was planned to celebrate my birthday, which is this week.  There is nothing better than all the kisses and hugs I got today from my grandchildren.  And the time with Gwen and Tim and Doug and Susie.  And, of course the "grand-dogs", Sammy, Kylie, and Chandler.

I've been thinking about my birthdays from the past!  I was actually born on Labor Day!  My mom always said that at her first doctor visit in her pregnancy with me, the doctor said she would labor on labor day!  And she did.  Since my birthday is always around labor day, we were usually at Lake Maud. So my birthdays were celebrated there.  The first birthday present I remember was for my 6th birthday.  It was my "golden" birthday (I turned 6 on the 6th).  My mom had gotten me a "real" necklace with a blue stone.  My birthstone.  I also got a very grown up blue "sweater set".  (Remember I had a sister who was 14 and all I wanted was to dress like her). Well I couldn't have been more pleased.  These were grown up gifts.  I wore that sweater set until it almost fell apart.  And then I remember my 12th birthday.  I was totally surprised when my dad came home with a brand new bike for me!  Don't you just love surprises like that? 

I am so thankful for the amazing worship time last night.  It was a most wonderful birthday "surprise" in my life.  In yesterday's blog I hinted at the special - for me- part of the words that were sung.  Over night and then today, I have been given a wonderful gift of understanding just what that word meant for me.  "Speak, Release.  Speak what you see.  Release what you hear from me.  Come away with me. Fly on my wings.  Into your destiny.  I have chosen you and gave you life.  Breathe in me, I wil set you free!"   Yes, this affirms what I have been feeling over the last couple of months.  This blog is my best present!  Through this blog I can speak and release everything that I am seeing and hearing. 

Yes, I am thankful for the internet, for blogs, for surprise guests at meetings, for worship, for songs, for friends and family, and for Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  And I am thankful for all of you.  Yes, you out there.  The ones that read this blog.  Everyday I am praying for all of you.  People in the United States, Russia, Sweden,  France, Germany, Serbia, Canada, Bolivia, Croatia, Korea, Japan, Kwait, Nigeria, Estonia, Poland, Brazil, United Kingdom, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, India  and Australia.  Be blessed!  Jesus loves you and he cares for you. 

Jesus, thank you for my family.  Thank you for speaking from the heavens!  You are so amazing.  You bestow gifts on your people and surprise us each day with new grace and mercy.  Jesus, bless all those who are reading this blog.  Let them hear your voice.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment