Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thank you typo!

Well, you know how aggravating it is when you are trying to type a "quick" text and you just can't seem to hit the right keys?  Of course this is complicated by the fact of those teenie tiny buttons on the cell phone.  And if you are not careful, you just might send a text that does NOT say what you want!
 
Well, I had that experience when sending a text to a friend yesterday.  And the typing error ended up being very prophetic.  I wanted to type the word "COVER" and instead typed "HOVER".  When I saw the text (after I had sent it, of course) I sent a text with a correction.  Thankfully, my friend was listening to Jesus, and understood how important that "error" was.  Then she prayed that the Holy Spirit would HOVER over me!
 
So tonight I looked up the two words in the dictionary and this was the surprise that I found.....
     Cover -  To extend over and to protect and conceal
     Hover - To hang over, to expose and highlight, to linger over
 
I had not thought about this!  What a big difference.  To cover is to conceal or hide and to hover is to expose and highlight.  I especially like the fact that hover also includes linger over.  I am so grateful to my friend for pointing this out to me and then for praying that the Holy Spirit would hover over me.  What a great prayer!  I am going to pray this hover prayer more often now that I understand the depth of the meaning.  Isn't it wonderful that we can expect the Holy Spirit to hover over us, our families, our friends.  We can expect the Holy Spirit to hover over every situation that we face. 
 
Jesus, thank you for using a mistake - even a simple typo to remind us of how great the work of the Holy Spirit is.  Holy Spirit, thank you for hovering over us. Moving this way and that way to expose us to the world!  Thank you for lingering with us.  Yahweh, help us to know when we need to be covered and when we need to have you hover!    Amen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment