Saturday, September 14, 2013

Didn't realize I needed an Oasis!

I've had quite a couple of days.  The weather has taken a wonderful turn to autumn coolness.  For me, however, no central air conditioning means a VERY stuffy head and sinus pain like you would not believe.  Even my hair hurts.  Because this is all allergy caused, I am sure that in a short while, I will be celebrating the first frost.  And I mean REAL heavy frost.  I do not have to check the weather forecast to know when the frost has come.  My head tells me! 

Okay - here comes some more truth-telling. To go along with my general fogginess of thinking, today I am feeling a mixture of several emotions, all of which are directed at me, myself and I.  I have had  very clear revelation of some opportunities that I completely missed out on.  And I sort of feel like one of the people standing by the side of the road, watching that very fast moving "super sonic highway".  And today, I am not ON that moving walkway.  I feel stuck on the side. 

Last night I experienced some amazing worship.  And when you are in a place where everyone around you is looking for the heavens to open up, you can be assured that they will open.  Here is a sampling of some of the things that we were singing and I was "hearing" very clearly...
  • I will remind myself of all you've done. Your love came down and rescued me.
  • I sing out and that reminds my soul that I am yours.
  • I am drinking it in as one who has been in a desert and I've finally hit an oasis.  It is oasis of the  river of living water.
  • It is an oasis of glory and peace and joy. 
  • As certain as the sunrise, as jarring as an earthquake, as cleansing as the rain is His grace.
  • When you have tried everything in your own strength and failed, look up, listen and behold. 
  • I will remind myself of all you've done. 


So, I am being very thankful today.  In spite of my nose and my head.  In spite of the feelings of "stuckness".  I am thankful for the oasis of the presence of the Lord in the desert of my last couple of days (and the last couple of years).  I will remind myself of all that Jesus has done for me.  I will sing of His mercies and goodness and grace.  And I will celebrate the presence of the Holy Spirit.  And I will celebrate the change of seasons. 

Jesus, thank you for understanding that we would need the change of seasons to remind us that you are ALWAYS  on the move!  Holy Spirit, thank you for drawing me to exactly the right place at the right time so that I can hear your message.  You are a great and amazing God that even planned those very real Oasis' in the middle of the deserts. so that we would know there was a place of rest and refreshment in the middle of dry and dark times.  Father, direct the many out there who feel as if they are stuck and in that dry place, to the oasis of your flowing living waters.  Thank you so much for all of the people  you have placed in my life.  Bless them mightily today!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment