Sunday, September 29, 2013

When you still have questions but others think you have the answers!

Well, today my message from "God wants you to know...." (This is an interesting site on Facebook that just sends you little messages now and then) was "You already know the answer!"  Wait a minute...... I know that I have lots of questions, lots of things I have been discussing with Jesus and I am absolutely sure that I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWERS!  Do you ever feel this way?
 
In fact this puzzling little statement leaves me with far more questions than answers.  It is so hard when someone else - especially Jesus - tells you that you already know what seems so elusive to you.  So this takes a bit of reflection..............
 
So, Jesus.....  Why am I always so slow to understand the things that you are trying to say to me?
I am sure that I don't have the answer to that one.
Why do I feel as if I am going around the same "mountain" (insert issue, problem, situation - whatever fits)?     Nope, no answer to that one either.
Am I on the right path to fulfill your destiny for me?  Not sure on this one.
 
Oh, boy, this is a just a small sampling.  So........  I will spend some time and really search my own heart and spirit, and listen carefully so that I can have some answers! 
 
Just as I was about to end this Blog post, the Holy Spirit reminded me of the many, many times I have said to my own children (or the children that I nanny) "You already know the answer to that question".  Really, what mom has NOT said those words?  It is usually when the answer is so obvious that the question is simply silly.  Things like "Can I go outside without my shoes?" when it is 30 degrees.  Or "Can I have just one more cookie?" when dinner is just 5 minutes away.  So, suddenly I have a different perspective on this statement. 
 
So let's see......  I don't understand all that Jesus is saying to me because I don't stop to listen carefully.  I am always rushing around and not taking the time to stop and let the Holy Spirit really give me the full revelation.
I am not going around the SAME mountain.  It may feel the same, look the same, but I have been moving forward and upward.  So the present "mountain" is NOT the same!
And, I can be sure that you Jesus, will nudge me back onto the correct path if I have in some way, veered off to one side or the other. 
 
I guess I did  know the answers!  Thank you Jesus for using something like this to speak to me today.  Instead of feeling like I did not get any answers from you, I will stop and listen and reflect and allow the Holy Spirit to show me that I do have your answers!  Jesus, help all of my friends that are having a hard time right now, and feel as if they don't have the answers to hard questions that they have been asking you.  Give them assurance that they do KNOW!  Thank you Jesus!  Amen
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment