Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Feeling a bit like the weather today.... Gray, dark and rainy

So today I have been feeling like the weather outside - a little bit "un-sunny" and sort of grey.  And there is really no good reason for my flat emotional state today.  So tonight I am going to do a short list of some very GOOD things that have happened in my life in the last week or so........

1.  There is a sweet little boy who is transitioning (moving up age-wise to a new place with new teachers) into the room I am mostly working in.  Today he actually played by himself and ASKED to put his blanket away at 10:00am.  It is a really good feeling to know that I have had a part in helping him adjust.

2.  Really loving the Christmas music playing in my car and in stores.  Yep, this lifts my spirits!

3. I LOVE MY NEW CHRISTMAS TREE!  Just looking at this tree makes me smile!
I know that we got some mixed reviews about our choice of a white tree, but we love it!

4. On Sunday we got a new battery in my car.  I suppose this might sound like an odd "good thing" but for me it means being able to trust that my car will start this winter!  Given the fact that my car has 107,000 miles on it, this is really important.  So, yes, this is a good thing.

5.  We got the siding on our house repaired.  I mentioned that a piece of siding blew off in a recent wind storm.  We called a local "handyman" service and had a wonderful experience.  They called back right away.  They came out, assessed the job, and came back the next day and did the work.  All for $200.  And he gave us a quote for the replacement of all the siding and the windows.  So a really good thing. 


6.  Tonight I was thinking about another favorite ornament on my tree. 


This little "choirboy" ornament was also one of my mom's favorites.  She had a set of 6 of these bell ornaments.  They were actually a gift to her from her Aunt Anna.  She treasured these and they were always on the very top of our tree.  I remember being very careful when hanging them on the tree.  I don't remember a Christmas that they were not on my mom's tree - again until she gifted one to me!  I believe that she gave each of my siblings one also.  At any rate, this ornament makes me smile. 

Suddenly I don't feel so grey and dark anymore.  It really does pay to think about the good things.  It does lift your spirits! 

Jesus, thank you for reminding me of some of the good things happening for me right now.   Help me to stay focused on the positive.  Holy Spirit, I am especially thankful for your presence in my life that helps to bring me from sad to glad pretty quickly.  Jesus, shine your light and love on anyone who might be feeling a bit "grey" today.  Thank you that you are always ready to turn our frowns upside down!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment