Monday, December 30, 2013

The UPSIDE of my job and READING UP!

One of the hardest things about my new job is the constant changes.  Nothing is ever the same.  My schedule changes ALL THE TIME!  And I mean all the time.  I never know what my hours will be from week to week and then actually from day to day or even hour to hour.  For instance, today I was SCHEDULED to work 7:30 - 4:00.  When I got to work at 7:15 I discovered that my schedule had changed and I was now working from 7:30 - 5:00.  And WHERE I am working also changes just as often.  I was supposed to be with the school age kids all day.  That is what my schedule said.  However, when I got my changed schedule this morning, I was now being shifted around between 3 different rooms with 3 different ages of children.  Then about a half hour later, that changed again and I was only going to 2 rooms.  Then at noon time today, I was told that my schedule had changed AGAIN, and I would be going home at 4:00.  And everyday is like this.  This job has been a lot about learning to be adaptable and willing to change - constantly.  FLEXIBILITY!  That's the name of the game with this job. 

But, the upside of all of this is that it is never boring!  Things are always changing.  I am with lots of different children.  And also work with many different people.  The different schedules also mean that some days I don't have to leave the house until much later.  And some days I get home earlier.  I also always have one day off each week.  Now that is a BIG upside to this job.  Once again, it is all about perspective. 

Today I saw this on Facebook.  I really like this because again, it is about perspective.  In this case, when you read it down the page, you see one message.  And when you read UP the page, you see a totally different message. 
This is another great reminder to be looking UP as well as READING UP!  I like this!  There is a totally different meaning to these words when you read them in the correct order.  What a great reminder. 
 
Jesus, today I am so thankful for the job that you provided for me.  Thank you for showing me the importance of being flexible and celebrating the UPSIDE of my job.  Holy Spirit, I love that you remind us to keep looking up in so many interesting ways.  Thank you for this visual that reminded me again that perspective is so important.   Help us all to keep our eyes on Jesus even as we are in our day to day life.  Jesus, give us all a new upward perspective as we go into 2014.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment