Thursday, December 12, 2013

Interesting follow up on yesterday's post!

Today, Lyn, we believe God wants you to know that .
when you expect nothing, you always receive a lot.
No matter how much you receive, if you expected even more, you will be disappointed. No matter how little you receive, if you expected even less, you will be happy.
 
When I got home from work tonight and started checking my email and facebook, this was a "notification" on facebook account.  At first when I read the header line.... when you expect nothing, you always receive a lot... I was thinking how strange this was after just posting yesterday that I am going to make my new motto "expect the unexpected"!  After I read the detail following the quote, I realized that this was saying just about the same thing!  If you EXPECT to get something great and very specific and you don't get this, you are disappointed.  HOWEVER,  I really don't agree with expecting nothing.   Like so many things, balance is important when talking about "expecting".
 
I don't want to expect nothing since then I may well miss out on what is out there.
I don't want to expect MORE since then I may well be disappointed.
So.......I think I will stick with "expecting the unexpected".  I just love the confirmation! 
 
Today I finished my work day with a little "unexpected" surprise.  I actually got off half an hour early.  This rarely happens - since the kids usually do NOT get picked up early.  But for some strange reason, the room I was in today cleared out and by 4:55 there were only 2 kids left.  So instead of working till 5:30, I was able to clock out at 5:01.  Yep, this was an unexpected treat. 
 
Jesus, thank you for all the ways that you speak to me, including through this crazy Facebook application "God wants you to know".  Thank you for using the things in our life to show us that you are the provider of all things.  Holy Spirit, help us all to keep on expecting the unexpected. And remind us of who the provider is for all those amazing surprises!   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment