Friday, December 6, 2013

Getting in the Christmas mood! Wonderful!

It has been a great couple of days.  It seems that the Christmas spirit has finally landed, full force in my heart.  It started on Thursday.....
Picture for my blog tonight!!! Just feeling so "christmas-y"
I was going to wait to post a picture of this bulletin board when it was totally finished, but I just couldn't wait to share.  These cute little green hands represent my favorite little three year olds at work.  The red hand on the right is "Ms. Lyn"!  I love how the glitter names look like a garland wrapping around the tree.  I love how excited the kids were to see their hands making up the tree.  Really, how can you NOT get into Christmas with so much "cuteness" all around??? Wonderful
 
Then, on Thursday night, a good friend invited me to her church Women's Christmas program.  It was so much fun to get dressed up and be with adults!  And to be with my good friends!  And to eat a marvelous meal!  And to see a great program! AND to get to sing Christmas carols!  Wonderful.
 
Then, today I had the day off.  Enough said.  Wonderful.
 
I actually did some Christmas shopping.  The stores were crazy busy, the people were bustling around, and the Christmas music was playing.  Wonderful.
 
I got to have lunch with Ken.  Something that we don't often do.  Wonderful.
 
Then, the capper of the day...Ken and I went to an amazing program at Gwen and Tim's church.  It was a Christmas concert featuring the youth from their Fuse Ministry.  In addition to getting to hold and hug my very precious grandchildren, I got to hear Gwen sing.  And then we heard some really wonderful Christmas music.  I think I have to give this a DOUBLE wonderful!
 
I am so thankful for the current path that Jesus has revealed for me.  I realized today that I have been sort of stuck in a rut for the last 2 or 3 years.  Nobody likes change - especially me.  And it is not comfortable as the change is happening.  Things feel like they are shaking.  In the past, I know my reaction was to turn around and run back to the familiar.  Or to freeze and hide my head.  So I am thankful that with the help of Jesus and the encouragement of family and friends, this time I am walking forward.  Today, for the first time, I feel calm and stable.  And I feel very "Christmas-y"! 
 
So my encouragement to all of you out there is to press on!  Walk on!  Keep on - Keeping on!  Don't run away from change - run into the change.  The faster you run, the sooner the change will be over! 
 
Jesus, thank you for all that you do for me every day.  Thank you for who you are and all that you did on the cross.  Thank you for your love and care and your blessing.  Holy Spirit, thank you for speaking louder when I wasn't listening, for giving bigger signs when I wasn't seeing.  Thank you for my work "little ones" and those sweet green hands on the bulletin board.  Thank you for Gwen and Tim and the way that they live their faith in You.  Bless Fellowship of Faith and the Fuse Ministry.  Amen
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment