Thursday, September 11, 2014

A time of Jubilee

So today we went directly from Summer into late Fall, sort of overnight.  It was actually COLD at the bus stop this morning with the kids.  As a matter of fact, I had to hit the closet shelves for the kids winter clothes.  Out with the shorts and in with the sweatshirts!   If we know one thing, living in Chicago, it is "if you don't like the weather, just wait a couple of hours, cuz it is bound to change!"
As a matter of fact, I can think of a couple of times that we experienced all 4 seasons in one day! I am sure that we will have some warmer weather in the next month, but for tonight, our heat is running!

I've been thinking a lot about the concept of "Jubilee".  This is a time of total rest.  It is also a time of celebration and worship. And it was a time of freedom and restoration.    Recently, it was suggested to me, that this might be my time of Jubilee. I have been blessed with this time of respite from work. And quite honestly, this is the first time that I have not been working since I had tiny babies.  And to top it off, I have the chance to spend time with my grandchildren as well as helping out my children.  What a blessing!  As I have been considering this jubilee, I have felt like it has been a time of entering into that quiet place in a whole new way.  With the arrival of the Jewish New Year, there have been many articles about a shift happening.  Last year (from September of 2013 to September of 2014) was the year of the door. This New Year is the year of the window!  This is what one prophet said about this.......

As we approach Rosh Hashanah, we'll transition from the year of the door to the year of the window. For 2015 the Jewish calendar shows the year 5775 as HEY (a window, looking, hands lifted, beholding something great, reveal.) Two Thousand and Fifteen will be a year of seeing: a year of watching and tremendous revelation. We will need to stand strong in our identity in Christ as we speak to the mountains that are revealed. As we take authority in Christ we are going to see huge advancements in the Kingdom of God, but not without a battle.We're also going to hear sounds of Jubilee like we've never heard before. We're going to hear sounds of victory and new music coming to the earth. New worship teams and worship leaders will emerge and lead us into the presence of the Lord like never before. We're entering a season of harvest and reward following hard work – a year of Jubilee. When we take a break from constant work and focus on Jesus and His window of revelation, our faith and trust are stretched, and consequently they grow. For those who put total trust in God there will be a rich reward. This will be a year of serving from a place of rest.

Isn't this exciting?  I am so happy that we are going from the door to the window.  And I love the further ideas of looking, hands lifted, beholding something great and and to reveal.  It is especially wonderful to know that this is a time of rest.  I have this picture in my mind of a beautiful scenic mountainside, with green grass and trees, flowers scattered around, and a lovely lake in the distance.  I see myself sitting in a wonderful, comfy chair just gazing out this floor to ceiling window, totally at rest. And it is a great place to have that quiet time!

Jesus, thank you for the seasons!  What a wonderful reminder that change is good.  Holy Spirit, thank you for the revelation of jubilee for me and the connection to the New Year.  Help us all to enter into a time of rest so that we can grow in our faith. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment