Friday, September 26, 2014

Seeing Eye to Eye..........sometimes!

I just love this picture I took on Thursday of Anna and Zeke.  They just love being together (usually). Now that Anna is mobile and crawling everywhere, she sometimes gets into Zeke's toys and at that moment, he is not to happy with her.  He told me "Anna is rude!" which is his word for not being very nice.  But I captured a moment when Zeke was playing with Anna and letting her touch his favorite blanket.  Anna is just all smiles whenever she sees Zeke.  I am sure that Anna will do quite a bit of following in Zeke's footsteps. For right now, they see things "eye to eye".  I expect that might not always be the case.  But I know that Anna will look up to her sisters and brother and watch the way that they go.  Yes, I have been thinking about footsteps and the paths we walk over the last couple of days.
When I saw this post from The Passion Translation it was a breath of fresh air for me.  I realized that over the last couple of days I have been thinking about those footprints that I saw.  And it is kind of hard to imagine following the wrong set of footprints.  So, now, as long as you are loving the truth, and have wonder and worship of God you WILL be on the right path, walking in the correct footprints.  PHEW...............  I'm so glad I settled that before I began to write about those footprints.  In fact, I think that is why I got so "stuck" when I started writing about this.  There was a part of me that wondered if all of the "footprints" I had walked in were the "right" ones.  But after this reminder from the Bible, I know that my path has been the "right" path and the right footprints!

And, as far as that "seeing eye to eye" phrase, here's the thing!  I have learned that there is really only one thing that matters...Jesus and who He is and what He did for us.  If I step into some one's footprints for a part of my path, there might be things that don't exactly flow with what I believe.  As long as Jesus is the center and the core of that footprint, then I am in the right place!  I have learned much, and grown much by walking with people who are different than me as far as the "side light" things that seem to divide the Christian community.  One of the saddest things is having one part of the Christian Church degrade or discredit another for one of these "not central" issues.  I think that has weakened the power that we have in Jesus.  So I am not afraid to talk about ALL of the footprints that have been my path.  I am thankful for how I have grown and learned from each of them.

Well, I think that is enough to chew on for today.  I am sure that some of you may be thinking "what is she talking about?" or "is she totally nuts?".  I am convinced that this is exactly what I need to be writing about right now.  This is the beginning of a new year in the Jewish Calendar.  And this year is a year of double blessings.  I am trusting that if you follow along with me, we will both be surprised and amazed by what Jesus is revealing to us.

Jesus, thank you for what you are beginning to speak through this footprint vision.  Thank you for the reminder today that all that is really important is Jesus...who you are and what you have done for us.  Holy Spirit, please continue to speak to us all as we seek to go deeper into the path we are following.  Thank you for grace and love and truth.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment