Saturday, September 6, 2014

The bad, the good and the.....GREAT!

So I didn't post a blog last night.  And the reason was, well the BAD of this post.  We have a very large open green space behind our house and a small creek that separates us from older homes on the other side.  I knew we might be in for trouble, late on Friday afternoon, when I saw a large tent and several smaller tents on one of the properties across the creek from our house.  People began to arrive around 5:00 and by 6:00 there was a LARGE, very noisy group.  The music was so loud that at 7:30 we called the police to complain and they could hear the music during the phone call!  Well, the music quieted down, for a time.  But at 11:00pm the wall of our bedroom was vibrating with the beat. I couldn't even say that I enjoyed the music, since it was all in Spanish!  And it was still going on at 11:30pm.  Needless to say it took me a long time to fall asleep and I woke up this morning with a headache.  Okay........ that is the explanation of the BAD.  And I did struggle a bit with my grateful list... but here it is   1. I am thankful for great friends and wonderful times talking over lunch! 2. I am grateful for protection during the strong storms.  3.  So thankful for my E Bible that allows me to always have a Bible with me (on my cell phone).

Now, on to the good....
Today Ken and I spent the better part of the day at his workplace!  They had an employee open house and tours of the new facility.  This is the view out of windows from the actual offices on the 10th floor of a large office building.  And this is certainly good.
It is really nice to have such a good view.  And here is Ken enjoying that view from the kitchen area of the office.   HOWEVER,  he doesn't get to spend much time here.  Unfortunately, his work space - the Metrology Lab is actually in the basement of the building.  Yes, that's right - the basement.
And here is one picture of Ken in the lab.  But that brings me to the GREAT of this day.  I loved getting to sit in the corner (I actually was sitting in the corner out of the way) and listen to Ken give guided tours of his lab.  He was able to interest everyone with the information he shared - even the littlest child.  He gave several demonstrations of the equipment that he works with every day, including one tester that measures the amount of air that will pass by the top of a pen if it were to be swallowed.  (After telling ALL of the kids that they should NEVER swallow anything, one little girl said she learned her lesson after swallowing a quarter!)  There were many more people than Ken expected.  He did his little tour 5 different times.  Yes, this was a GREAT part of today.  It is really neat to see Ken in his work place and it was good to see the interest of the many, many people who stopped down to see what actually happens on the lower level! 

Which brings me to my thankful list for today....1.  I am so thankful for Newell Rubbermaid and Ken's job.  2.  I am grateful for amazing views from 10th floor windows.  3.  SO thankful for quiet and peace tonight!

Yes, I have had a really nice birthday - today is actually the day.  Ken and I enjoyed a nice dinner out at the place of my choice - (I love Clucks and Fries!).  And now I am enjoying the quiet.   

I want to end this post with this bit of really good news......

News flash! God has sent angels with special orders to protect you! They're big and they're not to mess with! Listen to this:
"God will send His angel-messengers
With special orders to protect you wherever you go
Defending you from all harm.
If you walk into a trap they’ll be there for you...
And keep you from stumbling!
You’ll even walk unharmed among the fiercest powers of darkness,
Trampling every one of them beneath your feet!
For here is what the Lord has spoken to me:
“Because you have chosen to be My great lover,
I will greatly protect you.
I will set you in a high place,
Safe and secure before My face."
Psalm 91:11-14 The Passion Translation


Jesus, thank you for reminding us of the truth of who you are and what you have done for us.  Thank you for good days that follow bad nights.  And thank you for great endings.   Holy Spirit, help us all to appreciate the work that has been provided for our families.  Jesus thank you for those amazing angels that you dispatch to protect us.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment