Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Walking in the footprints.....of Kenya

Today I received a wonderful email that included several pictures of Hope-Lyn's 9th birthday. Hope-Lyn is my namesake! This is Hope and her mother, Evangelist Lucy Wa Ngunjiri.  Lucy is the founder of PBB Ministries and a radio personality on Kameme FM.  PBB (Prayers Beyond Boundries) ministry is a large prayer focused ministry that is a grass roots prayer movement.  They are currently in week 13 of concentrated prayers for Kenya. Large crusades are held all over Kenya and people are saved and changed through this ministry every week.  Every week she ministers to Kenyan people, all over the world, through her radio broadcasts.  They sponsor a children's home (orphanage) and school that has cares for and educated many, many children.    Yes, Lucy is one of those people that have really solid and deep footprints that I am walking into.

I know that I have blogged in the past about my relationship with Lucy.  We met in 2004 when I visited Kenya.  She was my translator when I spoke to children and teachers and shared that Jesus had a plan and destiny for each one of them.  Something happened in that meeting - it was certainly a God thing - and Lucy and I just "connected".  I was just a regular women from the United States and Lucy was already quite a well known radio personality.  One thing is certain, Jesus had a plan and destiny for us to be in relationship.  I have been so blessed and encouraged and, quite frankly, challenged by Lucy's faith and trust and wisdom.  If you would like a peek into her ministry, take a look at Lucy's Facebook page.

When I met Lucy, her husband was working in Sudan.  It was not a safe place to be.  He was working in the refugee camps and there was a war going on.  Yet, she seemed so calm about this.  She told me it was where Jesus wanted him to be, so it was going to be alright!  Her trust and faith in Jesus were so clear.  I have had several opportunities over the last 10 years to see Lucy.  My family got to meet her and her husband and Hope-Lyn and I was blessed to have her in my home for a visit. Lucy is convinced that I need to return to Kenya and that there is something for me to accomplish there.  I am just trusting that Jesus will reveal His plan to me!

But here is the thing, I can't really believe that Lucy feels that same connection!  I am always surprised that she remembers me, thinks of me and prays for me and my family.  She is one very busy lady that has much on her plate.  And I know that, other than my prayers, I have nothing to offer to her.  Yet she still calls me her friend.  That is how I know our relationship is God-ordained.

Her email today included this line....."I am dedicating Psalm 20 to you and your beautiful family".

 1 May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
    may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary
    and grant you support from Zion.
May he remember all your sacrifices
    and accept your burnt offerings.
May he give you the desire of your heart
    and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy over your victory
    and lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the Lord grant all your requests.
Now this I know:
    The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
    with the victorious power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall,
    but we rise up and stand firm. 
Lord, give victory to the king!
    Answer us when we call!

What a powerful blessing to know that she is praying this for me and my family!  Sometimes the biggest surprise about these footprints is how deep, how firm and how strong they are.  And another surprise is that we don't always CHOOSE the footprints we walk in!  Sometimes the choice is made for us!  I believe that I will be spending some time meditating on these verses.  Then I will continue to walk on in those footprints!  

Jesus, thank you for you plan that brought Lucy and I together.  I know this is one of those times that I just don't understand fully what you are doing, but for today, I am just so thankful for Lucy and Hope-Lyn.  Help us all to see and appreciate the people that YOU have brought into our lives.  The ones that we know have to be because you planned it.  Holy Spirit, open our eyes and give us ears to hear you speak to us as we look at the people around us who have shaped our lives.  Thank you for encouragement that comes through email.  Thank you for friends and family.   Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment