Monday, September 8, 2014

More birthday surprises..... and more insight from last night

Today I am starting my blog with my grateful items!  I have been so surprised to get several birthday cards in the mail!  Today I got this darling card from my sister Julie.  I love this sweet message that sisters belong to each other.  And, as Julie said on the inside of the card, even though we are far apart in distance, we are connected.  I couldn't help but think of Lia and Ellie (and I am sure Anna will join the mix as soon as she is a bit older).
This was the first day of school this year.  Yes, they do belong to each other.  This card and reminder from my sister Julie was just what I needed and made me feel connected to her, in spite of the miles that separate us.  So the cards are number 1 tonight, and sisters are number 2!  Yes, I am so thankful.  And my number 3 is the fresh from the garden tomatoes and green pepper that a friend gave me last week.  Tonight I made Ken's very favorite dish (Chicken Paprikash) with those yummy veggies!   

Okay, I mentioned that the speaker last night shared a bunch of thoughts that would have me thinking for a long time.   So I have decided to share my reflections as I go through these short little phrases that I noted.  Tonight.... "Don't fight where you are NOT called.  It is not your concern. Stay in your calling!"  I thought about my post recently after a friend asked me what I thought about the problems in the world.  I liked this answer!  I am not called to fret or worry about anything!  In fact we are told very clearly NOT to worry.  Or be concerned.  And I was thinking about how great this advise really is.  Any time that I think about getting involved in some kind of battle, I need to stop and ask myself if this is something that I have been CALLED to be involved with.  In thinking back over the last few issues that I have faced, there is at least one that I should just have left alone.  It was something that was outside of my calling - it should not have concerned me.  And even when I am feeling a bit unsure of exactly what my called is, I am fully aware of those things that are NOT my calling.  Wow!  That is such a freeing thought.  I am thinking about all of the issues that I do not have to be concerned about.  Yes, I can breathe out now.  

Jesus, thank you for the reminder that there are lots of things happening in the world that are NOT my concern.  Holy Spirit, help us all to know what and where are calling is so that we can fight the fights that we are supposed to.  Thank you for the words of wisdom that give us so much to think about.  Jesus, thank you for my sister and friends that blessed my birthday.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment