Friday, September 12, 2014

Peace from the Passion Translation......

Today I opened my mailbox to this simply amazing book.  I have used quotes from the Passion Translation in this blog several times.  All I can say is if you haven't seen or read from these amazing books, I encourage you to check out these translations by Dr. Brian Simmons.  Reading each word just brings Scriptures to life in new ways and really gives you more to think about and chew on.

Today this showed up on the Passion Translation Facebook page.....
I love this! And I especially liked that the post also encouraged people to save this image, to print it and to share it!  How great is that?

And yesterday, on 9/11, this was on their Facebook page....
¹Look! Yahweh now reigns as King!
He has covered himself with majesty and strength,
Wearing them as his splendor-garments!
Regal power surrounds him
As he sits securely on his throne.
He’s in charge of it all, the entire world,
And he knows what he’s doing!
Psalm 93:1 The Passion Translation

Ken and I watched a special on TV last night that was all about the construction of the "new" World Trade Center.  I was surprised by my reaction to this program.  The show profiled many of the construction workers who spent YEARS working on the memorial and the buildings on this site.  I was overwhelmed by the end of the program, as we watched the placement of the spire that tops the building.  The spire, which climbs 370 feet above the roof of the building, contains a beacon light so everyone who sees the building, knows that the USA has rebuilt.  It was clear that this was a kind of symbol to show the world that we might have taken a hit, but we have come back.  It came as kind of a shock to me that at the end of the program, I really want to visit that place.  Quite honestly, this is a new feeling for me.  In the last 13 years I have never wanted to walk where the awful events of that day happened.  I have never been to New York City and every time that Ken and I talk about visiting, we make a list of "must see" places.  Until last night, the 9/11 site was not on the list.  After that program last night, I can't imagine being in New York City without seeing that place.  I saw the events of 9/11 on television, as it happened.  I watched the buildings fall.  I did not have anyone close to me, personally effected by a lose on that day.  But, we all felt the trauma and fear.  I remember opening my Bible and looking for a verse that might settle my spirit.  And I ended up in Psalms.  I wish I had had the above translation on that day.  What comfort and peace there is in knowing that God is in charge of IT ALL - THE ENTIRE WORLD and He knows what he is doing.  

So tonight I am so thankful for Dr. Brian Simmons and the Passion Translation.  I am grateful for the producers of the program I saw on the construction of the new World Trade Center.  And I am thankful for Facebook that brings me these amazing words each day (AND keeps me in touch with so many friends and family).  

Jesus, thank you for the reminder yesterday and today that YOU are reigning over the entire world! Holy Spirit, keep us all in peace as we remember the events of 9/11.   Help us all to stay grounded in your Word as we watch events in the world.  Please bless Dr. Simmons and bring him encouragement and strength as he walks out his destiny.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment