Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Leaving behind the reasoning of the world.........


You know, some day Ellie and Lia and Zeke and Anna might be upset with me for sharing how much they have touched my life.  But, this blog is all about truth telling, and this is simply the truth!  On Tuesday, Ellie was home sick from school.  She had a cold and that "croupy cough" that all moms (and grandmas) know so well.  So instead of just Zeke and Anna during the morning, I got to supervise Ellie also.  For most of the morning she just reclined on the couch and watched a bit of Disney Junior.  But after lunch, she perked up and while I was feeding Anna, she was busy cutting and taping and coloring at the kids picnic table.  I love listening to her as she is busy "creating".
She proudly brought this to me after carefully drawing shapes, cutting them out, and then taping them together.  She told me it was me!  And then she said I could tell by the feet (????) and the "Boy hair" (which is any short hair). How can you not just love this?  I love that I have a really big smile!  And I love that I have red, yellow and orange (which Ellie told me were "happy colors") all over me.  She signed the back and then put this by my purse so I would be sure to take it home with me.  She even left some of the tape sticky on the back, so that I could just stick it up if I wanted to!  Gotta love that girl!

This morning this was on my Facebook wall thanks to the Passion Translation.

Did you hear Him Whisper this to you today?

"I am calling you to leave behind the reasoning of this world, the opinions and traditions of men, and come into true life with Me. You have lived in your mind, now live in My Spirit. The realm of the Holy Spirit is opened by My grace so that you can know me not in your mind but with your spirit. My Spirit will give to you gifts, fruit, wisdom and power. Live in My Spirit and you will find your true destiny."


Now I know that I have been doing quite a bit of sharing from the Passion Translation.  I would encourage everyone to find their page and like it.  You will be blessed.  So today I was thinking about Ellie's wonderful person/gift.  Reasoning of the world would not appreciate this at all.  But I the am constantly seeing the gifts and destiny in each of my grandchildren.  Ellie is filled with compassion and mercy and it already is expressed in so many ways.  She will give you her favorite toy if she finds out that you really want it.  One time she offered to give me her ticket to see Disney on Ice when she found out I had never seen it!  That is so Ellie!  Yes, she is that "Warrior of the Lord" that will be praying and interceding for others.  She is going to effect her world in amazing ways.  And I can't wait to see what is ahead for her.  I think I will be doing a bit more quiet time, just being with Jesus so that I can move closer to leaving behind my mind and living in His Spirit!

Jesus, thank you for Ellie and all that you are doing in her and through her.  Holy Spirit, continue to draw her closer to Jesus.  Thank you for her creative and artistic nature and for her great compassion. Thank you for the reminder to put away the things of the world and to come closer to you.  Help us all to take steps forward in this each day.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment