Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Gifts from the heart..........


I am sure that every Grandma (and every mom) has gotten some of these special "gifts from the heart" for various special occasions.  Yesterday, I received these very special, just for me, gifts from Lia and Ellie.  Lia made me that special bracelet and ring on her Rainbow Loom and Ellie created that picture frame for me.  She painted and decorated it by herself.  We had a wonderful day, just being together.  It was a really good way to celebrate my birthday.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been having some really interesting dreams.  Usually I know on waking up, that the dream has some meaning beyond what seemed obvious in the dream.  I have felt a bit like I've been seeing "previews" of "coming attractions".  It's been a bit frustrating since I would really like to start my new year with a new word!  What I have pieced together from these little glimpses is 1. This is a real time of a new beginning.  I am not quite sure WHAT is starting, or exactly WHEN, but all signs are pointing to this season being a time of new starts.  2.  Everything that I have thought I was walking towards, has faded away before I could actually reach it.  This is not a problem, however, since these things were not what I was supposed to reach for anyway!  3. This is the time when all of those words, dreams and visions will begin to manifest. (In this little dream sequence I was actually in the story of Joseph and his brothers. At first I woke up thinking that this might be a time of famine coming.  But then I realized that the tone of the dream was about the provision that Joseph had, as well as the fulfillment of his dream).

And then today, I saw a short little video on Facebook.  The title was "when it is just not your time to go".  I tried to link it to the blog, but was not successful.  This 50 second video shows a small plane doing some stunts (like you might see in an airshow).  About 35 seconds in, the plane loses its right wing!  It continues to circle and then comes in toward the ground and flops around and finally comes to rest, upright with no crash!  The pilot gets out of the plane.  Yes, after watching this video, you understand the title.  It was just not that pilots time to go!  That little short video reminded me of all those dreams I've been having.  Short.  Kind of scary.  Surprising endings.

So I don't really have a clear word right now.  But I am feeling very excited about what the next year has in store.  Even though these little dreams have seemed kind of fuzzy, they have gotten me interested and expectant for what is ahead.  I don't know about you, but the news I see is downright depressing right now.  It seems that fear, terror, war, unrest, are the only thing being talked about.  So I am so glad that I have something else to think about.  

I really think that my two special gifts are part of the revelation for me.  The bracelet reminds me of an old message about a rubber band.  If you just hold a rubber band and then drop it, it doesn't go very far.  But if you stretch it over your finger and then let go, it will go a long way!  All of the stretching helps us to reach those far off goals.  I'm feeling better about this seeming tough period of stretching!  And that heart......well how good of a reminder is that frame of the amazing love of Jesus for us?  I can't help but smile when I look at that frame.  I love the random placement of the decorations.  I love all of the LOVE that I see in that frame.  It just makes me smile.

Jesus, thank you for speaking to me in my dreams.  I would love a bit more revelation, please.  Thank you for the reminder of your love even when we feel like we are in the midst of the shaking and the stretching.  Help us all to hang on to your plan and destiny, even when things seem so dark. Holy Spirit, bless us all with dreams and visions that will guide us in the year ahead.  Give us eyes to see and ears to hear your word of direction.    Thank you for your gift of children and grandchildren.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment