Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Find your quiet place....

This is one of my favorite "quiet places".  Another little nugget from the speaker on Sunday night was to "find your quiet place".  He talked for a long time about the need for us all to get away with Jesus and just be.  He even used the picture of putting your thumbs in your ears and your palms spread over your eyes to help you get to that quiet place.  Certainly there is a lot of "noise" in our world today.  We have cell phones pinging and ringing at us 24 hours a day.  There are screens around us every way we turn.  It is hard to get to that silent, quiet place.  It was a good reminder of the importance of quality time in the word and just meditating on Jesus.
This is one of my favorite "quiet places".  Now this picture is actually more than 5 years old when my car was brand new- still on the lot!  But it has been one of the most wonderful places of worship and prayer as well as quiet.  I  have spent a great deal of time in this car, and really love just driving along in the quiet.  

I know that this is a time of shaking, fears, and general unrest and lots of stress.  And that is the reason that we MUST take time to be in that place of deep intimacy with Jesus.  We have to get away and be immersed in the Word - the Bible.  If we don't know what our calling is, what our anointing is, or where we are supposed to be going, the only place we have any hope of getting answers, is in the quiet stillness with Jesus.  

What a great reminder.  You know, I remember when I first tried to do "daily devotions" and I found it tiresome and really not very fulfilling.  It was only when I began to just read the Bible, and then sit quietly and meditate on the things I had just read and think about Jesus, that I began to "get it".  So I just encourage you to press on and find that place - even if it may be a bit unconventional.   

Now for my thankful things for today.... 1. Thankful for places of quiet in my life. 2. Thankful for my three "granddogs" - Sammy, Kylie and Chandler (who greeted me today with lots of love)

  3.  Thankful for ATM's that allow us access to cash at anytime! 

Jesus, I love spending time just being with you.  Thank you for showing us that we can get away with you no matter what is happening around us.  Holy Spirit, keep us hungry for those times of quiet with you.  And Jesus, remind us that it is never too late to begin again.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment