Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11 - Today I am thankful for all the Veterans in my family

Today I am thankful for and want to honor all of the family members I have that have served in the Armed Forces.  Starting with my dad.  My dad was in the Navy during World War II.  Ken's father was also in the Navy during World War II.  My brother Jerry was in the Army, my brother Greg was in the Air Force. My brothers-in-law - Wayne,  Roy, and Roger also all served.  Quite a family of veterans.  And I am very proud and very thankful. 

The freedom that we enjoy in the United States is wonderful and I am so thankful that my family members served our country.  This is a wonderful part of my family legacy. 

Jesus, bless all those who are serving right now in the Armed Forces.  Give grace and peace to their families and surround them with your peace.  Holy Spirit, remind us all to stand with our brothers and sisters who are protecting the freedoms that we enjoy. Jesus, help us to remember to be grateful for what we have.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment