Thursday, November 21, 2013
Day 21 - Thankful for a cozy Fireplace!
Of course, over and over we are told that our culture has become much to dependant on instant gratification. There are warnings about what the world will look like in a few years because our children can't wait for anything! While I would have to agree that, in some cases, instantly having every need met is not a good thing. But I have been thinking about some areas that are GOOD to not have to wait!
1. Topping my list tonight is my fireplace. Yep, I love an instant fire - with warmth and flickering flames.
2. I for one, love INSTANT oatmeal. I know that many people would say how much better the stuff is that needs to cook for 20 or 30 minutes. But I would much rather have oatmeal in the morning quickly, than not have oatmeal!
3. I love digital pictures that are more "instant" than the old Polaroid pictures! Really, we see our photos the second we take them. I do not miss waiting for weeks or months to develop those rolls of film.
4. I am very fond of my "K cup" coffee maker. Again, just like the oatmeal, I would much rather have quick coffee (fills my travel mug in about 3 minutes) than no coffee at all!
5. I am so glad that I can instantly connect with Jesus. No need for long winded prayers. Just a simple "Jesus" does the trick!
Jesus, thank you for all of the wonderful quick and time saving things that we have.
Mostly, thank you for always being there when we call. Holy Spirit, remind us all to call out to you any time and any where. And Jesus, thank you for warming me up tonight! Amen