Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 15 - Thankful for Facebook!


Okay, I am sure many of you are thinking, "you have got to be kidding me!"  But seriously, I am so thankful for Facebook!  Let me just say that I am really kind of new to Facebook.  It really been all that long, but it would be a sad day for me to not have Facebook.  Why you ask?  Here goes......

1.  I love that I can follow my friends - near and far.  I can stay in touch, keep updated on important events and best of all - see pictures.

2.  I love that I feel much closer to all of my family - even distant relatives - because I am friends with them on Facebook.  Again, news and photos is wonderful.

3.  I love that I feel that instant connection to lots and lots of praying people when I post a Facebook prayer request.  There is nothing better than knowing that almost instantly you can have people all over the world praying for you. 

4.  Which brings me to the the International aspect of Facebook.  Just a few years ago it would have seemed silly to imagine having so much contact with people all over the world.  I LOVE THIS! 

Isn't this just how Jesus would work?  I love that Jesus' plan for us all included all the new fangled things like the Internet!  And the cell phone, and computers and, AND, AND!  We are so blessed!  And tonight I am thankful for all of these things - but focused on Facebook.  Think about it.  The plan was that EVERYONE - all over the world would hear the good news about Jesus and our salvation through the cross.  And now, even in the most remote places in the world, people have cell phones with internet and computers.  They are able to see and hear all about God's amazing plan for them!  And they are able to read the Bible.   What an incredible, out of this world, plan to spread the Gospel.

Jesus, thank you for reminding me of the much bigger purpose for Facebook.  Thank you for all that Facebook brings into my life.  Holy Spirit, remind us all to appreciate and see your purpose in all the amazing things that we take for granted.  Thank you for all of my Facebook friends.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment