Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 20 - I am thankful for the Bible

So today I saw the news article about Costco labeling the Bible as "Fiction"!  While I am not surprised given the current cultural levels in the United States, tonight I want to state that I know that the Bible is NOT Fiction! 

Someone very near and dear to me reminded me that one of the most important things that you can do when you are reading a Bible Story to your kids is to remind them that the Bible is a "TRUE STORY"! It is amazing how early children pick up on the difference between fact and fiction.  Actually, I think it would be a good reminder for ALL of us, every time that we open up our Bibles, to say - "This is a true story"!  I am sure that we would read with a very different perspective.  

I just recently blogged about beginning to read "true" stories when I was very young.  I remember that these stories always amazed me - BECAUSE THEY WERE TRUE!  So I want to continue to be amazed in the revelation that the Bible is true! 
 
Jesus, thank you for your Word, given to us in written form in the Bible.  Holy Spirit, thank you for using today's news article to remind me to celebrate that the Bible is a TRUE STORY!   Please remind each of us, as we pick up our Bibles, that this is a history book -  it is HIS STORY!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment