Monday, November 4, 2013

Day Four - So thankful for Ken

Okay, this is probably sort of a no-brainer.  But today I am sooooooo thankful for Ken.  This is a VERY OLD picture of us, back in the "good old days" when we were young and just married.  I am sure that you can guess the date, just by looking at our hair styles and clothes!  At any rate, today I have just been thinking about how good it is to remember what a blessing Ken is to me.  The fact that we ended up together is kind of amazing.  We went to the same high school (Elk Grove) and Ken was one year ahead of me.  We had many, many common friends and frequently attended parties and events at the same time.  I had one good friend who told me over and over, how much she wanted to date Ken.  He was "older" and more importantly, he had his own car.  Now I didn't think very much of Ken in high school.  And I told my friend over and over that there is no way that dating Ken was a good idea.  Nevertheless, after both of us were out of high school, we connected again at a party at a mutual friends house.  We really hit it off and, as they say, the rest is history. 
I've been thinking about God's plan for me that included Ken.  Wow, does he know what he is doing!  Even though we certainly don't agree on many things, we are really good at compromise.   I am thankful that Ken has encouraged me to go places and try things that I most likely would not ever have done.  Quite frankly, I never imaged that I would Kayak.  Yet, because Ken wanted to try this out, I agreed.  And let me tell you those Kayaks have given me adventures that I never would have had!  I mean really, how many people get to be in a kayak lifted out of the water by a Manatee? I am so looking forward to the years ahead. I am so thankful for the wisdom that Ken has, and the support that he has given me over the years regarding my work.  Just today, during a very challenging day on my new job, I was thinking about Ken's words to me.  He has assured me that if this job doesn't work out, it will be okay!  Something else will always come and I do not have to stay in a job that I don't want.  That is so freeing for me.  And I know that many people don't get that kind of support from their spouses.  I am so thankful!!!   I love the way that we laugh at the same things and can find something funny in almost anything.   (Aside to Ken..... I am still laughing about the "sleevies").   All this is to say that Jesus knew exactly who I needed.  I am so thankful  for his great plan that included giving Ken to me.

Jesus, thank you for knowing me so well and also knowing exactly the right person for me to spend my life with.  Holy Spirit, remind all reading this blog to be thankful for the people you have given them.  And Jesus, thank you for the opportunity to express my gratitude over this month!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment