Friday, November 1, 2013

Jesus believes the plans for my life......

I know that some of you will think that I am always going to conferences when I tell you that I have been at another conference over the last two days!  But the reality is, that I rarely go to conferences and it is amazing that these two events happened back to back weekends and both driveable distance from my home.  As a matter of fact, this weeks conference really couldn't get any closer to me.  The hotel is the closest hotel to my house - about 2 miles.   So I am thankful for the location!  Both of these events featured amazing people.
 Chuck Pierce/files/images/Staff/ABY action shot.jpg
 
Last night Chuck Pierce was the speaker and tonight was Barbara Yoder.  If you are not familiar with these people, look them up!  The Prophetic word from Chuck Pierce last night was an encouragement for the entire Chicagoland area to expect revival.  Tonight Barbara Yoder spoke about what brings revival.  And the answer is the presence of Jesus.  Barbara told her own testimony and I was struck by the memory of my own encounter with the real presence of Jesus.  When Barbara spoke about being alone in her bedroom, I was remembering being alone in my living room.  I hadn't really spoken to anyone about the growing hunger I was feeling to understand if all this "church" stuff was really the truth.  I had been reading many, many books about the Charismatic Renewal and I just wanted to know if this stuff was real.  So, all by myself, I simply asked the question that had been in my head for so long....... "Jesus, is this really true?"  And just as Barbara said happened to her, Jesus walked into my living room that night.  From that time on, I have KNOWN the very real presence of Jesus.  It is not a sort of thing.  I know the truth.  And that truth changed everything in my life. 
 
So, what does the title of this blog post have to do with this?  Well, earlier today I got one of those "God's word for you today" messages and it was short and simple.... "God believes in you".  So, I have been pondering that word today.  Then, tonight at the meeting, one of the filler slides had the title quote - "Jesus believes the plans for my life".  Given that message two different times today probably means that there is something in that message I need to listen to! 
 
So.... to recap
1) Expect a revival in Chicagoland!
2) All we need is an encounter with the presence Jesus!
3) All you have to do to experience an encounter with Jesus is ask!
4) Jesus believes in the plans he has for your life!
 
Jesus, Father, Holy Spirit, will you remind all of us that you believe in us.  You have a great and wonderful destiny for your people and you believe in that plan.  Thank you Holy Spirit for your working that brings us into the truth of the powerful presence of Jesus.  Thank you that you always come when we are seeking you.  Holy Spirit will you encourage anyone reading this blog who is fearful or apprehensive but really wants to experience your presence in a deeper way, to just ask!  Thank you for your great faithfulness!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment