Saturday, January 11, 2014

A life full of possibilities......

 
 
So after a rather tough and exhausting week, I really needed this today........
 
Today, Lyn, we believe God wants you to know that ...your life is full of possibilities.
Don’t be discouraged by what seem like dead ends. Every moment in your life carries infinite possibilities, just waiting to be discovered. Like a vine finding its way even through the slightest openings in rock solid walls, so will you.
 
You  might have noticed that I missed a couple of days of posting this past week.  The reason was total exhaustion.  I got home from work so tired I couldn't even think straight.  Even making dinner seemed like a task that I couldn't handle.  The good news (for me anyway) was that it was not just ME having this problem.  All of the teachers said the same thing.  WE ARE TIRED!  I don't know if it was the extreme cold, the fact that the kids have been inside for way to long, the longer hours (because we are short staffed right now), or just because.  But by Friday afternoon all of the teachers looked like walking zombies!  I thankfully agreed with Ken's suggestion to order pizza - delivered last night!  I didn't move from the couch until I went to bed at 9:00pm last night.   And my last post also highlighted another aspect of this last week for me.....lots of less than wonderful events happening to me each day.  Let's just conclude by saying, it was a bad week. 
 
Yes, I needed that encouraging message that there are infinite possibilities not only out there but also IN ME. Amazing things, ready to show up and change everything.  I love the picture above.  It is actually of my front deck taken in the summer of 2011.  Suddenly, we noticed a burst of color on the deck.  We were really surprised since we have not planted those flowers for several years.  Sure enough, a seed from a long ago plant must have decided to take root and grow under the deck.  Isn't that encouraging?  I love to consider all of the seeds sown in my spirit that may be laying dormant and just waiting to take root and grow.  I especially love the vivid color of this flower that bloomed. 
 
My plan this weekend, is to take some time for quiet and rest in the hopes of helping to water those long ago sown seeds.  I will be remembering that there IS MORE than what I experienced last week.  Bigger and better and more fulfilling possibilities that are not black and white or grey.  Possibilities that are vibrant shocking pinks that will not be missed.  And just like that one flower, possibilities that spring up in the most unlikely places. 
 
Jesus, thank you for reminding me that there is more.  That within me, are many amazing possibilities because you are in me.  Holy Spirit, thank you that you give us rest and renewal and comfort in those cold, dark days.  Thank you for gentle reminders and wonderful pictures of your work in our lives.  Please bring rest and refreshment to all of my fellow workers and the children we care for.  Let me reflect your light and love to those around me.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment