Monday, January 6, 2014

When the messenger is your daughter.....

If you have been reading my blog, you know that I am seeking to draw closer to Jesus in 2014.  I have been paying more attention to the things around me and listening more carefully.  The last couple of days have been out of the ordinary.  First we had snow and now we are in the DEEP FREEZE!  So we have been in the house.  I have used this time to do some much needed things like laundry, and then I scrapbooked for several hours.  And I have spent more time than usual reading.  Today, when I talked with Gwen (who has been housebound with her three kids for way to long), she mentioned that her teaching from the Sunday night youth group was posted on YouTube. (Gwen and Tim are leaders in Fuse, their church youth group).  The series they are doing is called "Behind the Music" and the song Gwen was talking about is "How He Loves".  Here is the link to the video  Fuse - Week One - Behind the Music - How He Loves 

There was so much in this teaching that I learned from my daughter.  Yes, I learned about the message behind the song "How He Loves".  And the take away message is that even in the down times, when things are not going so well, when we are "icky" or life is "icky", He loves us so much!  Gwen made the point that Jesus is jealous for us.  When we are doing something else, He is waiting for us and wants to be spending time with us.  I needed to hear this today.  I will be pondering on this for awhile.  It is a big thought that needs more than just a quick pass.  It was the message I needed today.

It was so amazing to receive this message through Gwen.  I am so blessed to be able to see how Jesus is using Gwen and to know that she is exactly where she needs to be.  Ken and I often joked that Gwen was a perpetual student.  She loves school, she loves learning, and she loves teaching.  Clearly she is a gifted teacher and more than that she loves sharing her faith and reaching youth for Jesus.  It makes my heart so happy!  Even more, it is an encouragement to me to keep on seeking the Lord for that exact right place that I need to be so that I am walking in my destiny. 

Praying you are blessed by this teaching also......

Jesus, thank you so much for Gwen and all that you are doing in her and through her.  Bless those youth and leaders at Fuse.  Thank you for all that you are sowing into them.  Holy Spirit, bring further revelation to me on this amazing message.  Thank you for continuing to draw me closer and deeper.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment