Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reflections of "snow years" of the past....

Well............we have had more snow.  I mean MORE SNOW!  I woke up to 3 to 4 more inches this morning and then when I came out of work, there was another 3 or so inches on my car.   Okay, enough is enough!  I was flashing back to the winter of the picture above.   I have blogged about this winter one previous time.... but I just can't help but reflect on that winter - 1978-1979 again.  That year I was pregnant with Gwen and it seemed that every week we had another 5 or 6 inches.  Notice the yard (I use the term loosely) since it is just a snow pile. I could not lift the snow up to throw it on the yard.  Remember I was pregnant!   You can't tell in this photo, but Ken had been up on the garage roof more than once to shovel it.  The weight of the snow was dangerous on the roof.  Yes, that was a bad winter.  And now for the really bad news.  We did not start getting all that snow until January.  And this year the snow began to fall in December.  Yes, It does cause me to worry!  The good news is that NOW we have a snow blower!  And Ken is also home to take care of the snow! 

I've been thinking about this year - 2014.  I was reminded this morning on Facebook by my dear friend Evangelist Lucy Wa Ngunjiri, that the number 14 is significant.  The number 7 signifies spiritual perfection and the number 14 is DOUBLE SPIRITUAL PERFECTION!  Boy, did I need that this morning.  What a wonderful, positive way to think about the year that we are in.  I love this.  I have not had this on my radar at all as I was looking ahead.  So this is the first of many "unexpected" things for me.   I am going to be looking for that double spiritual perfection.
Lucy included this in her Facebook post today......

I therefore declare and decree year 2014 to be a Year of Hope & Divine Perfection. God will PERFECT- His chosen ones spiritually, in health, in establishing them plus many more. Can we therefore make a U turn from other ways and focus ONLY on God to remain the chosen of God?

I receive that and agree with 2014 being a year of Hope and Divine Perfection!  And I will be continuing my journey of drawing closer to Jesus.

Jesus, thank you for all of the amazing people you have placed in my life.  Bless Evangelist Lucy and enlarge her sphere of influence.  Holy Spirit, cover us with the hope of Jesus and keep us open and pliable to all that Jesus is doing in us. Thank you for warm houses, reliable cars, snow plows that keep our roads passable and the sun that breaks through the clouds and brings us hope.  Amen

PS Thank you to Ken for a wonderful end to this snowy day..... hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment